Chrome Vs Black Paint

freitz

It was actually “Four refreshing fruit flavours”... but then I’m showing my age...

Thanks Bill

That's the earliest one that I remember too, then they changed it to 'natural' a bit later..

Ernst

PS good to hear from you, it's been a while

• Like 2

I did a search and did not find a good thread on this. But I am curious did you pick the Black Paint or the Silver Chrome of the M240 and why?

I feel strongly either way. ;)

Actually, mine is black because that was what was available at the time. If the same seller had a chrome M for the same price I would have purchased that one.

Edited by cobbu2

It was actually “Four refreshing fruit flavours”... but then I’m showing my age...

That's the earliest one that I remember too, then they changed it to 'natural' a bit later..

Yes, I think it certainly ended up as "natural flavours" at some point in the life of the jingle. Talking of which, I imagine the writing of a catchy jingle is a bit of a lost art. I don't watch TV nowadays but, when I did of late, I don't recall adverts having catchy songs like most of the food and drink products of the 1970s/80s.

Incidentally, I can't imagine there has ever been much in the way of natural flavours in a packet of Opal Fruits but they did make your mouth water. :D

Yes, I think it certainly ended up as "natural flavours" at some point in the life of the jingle. Talking of which, I imagine the writing of a catchy jingle is a bit of a lost art. I don't watch TV nowadays but, when I did of late, I don't recall adverts having catchy songs like most of the food and drink products of the 1970s/80s.

Incidentally, I can't imagine there has ever been much in the way of natural flavours in a packet of Opal Fruits but they did make your mouth water. :D

Yes, some of the ads from the 70s and their catchphrases were legendary:

A Mars a day helps you work, rest and play

Milky Way- the snack you CAN eat between meals, without ruining your appetite

And who could forget the  eroticism filled Flake adverts- Only the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate...

Ernst

• 10 months later...
3 minutes ago, JOCO34 said:

I have a question about black painted cameras. As the black paint flakes or rubs off will this cause bits of paint to wind up on the sensor?

Most likely not unless you carry the camera around without a body cap or lens attached.