LTM, Russian M39, compatibility with M.

crow

Also due to the 1.3x cf of the M8 all russian lenses show better edge to edge performance as far as sharpness and pincushion. The Jupiter-12 works OK, but having just learned about the slight threading difference I am wondering if I missed something during my first bringing together the lens with the M8. But also the 28mm Industar-69 I am interested more cause of the focal length.

The problem with these Russian lenses is that they are built to tolerances as wide as the Red Square. If you have a good one it is quite a nice lens with a solid albeit old fashioned rendering. If you have a dud a coke bottle is preferable. Fortunately they are so cheap that you can select by buying.

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, the 28mm is for half frame

As jappv says, tolerance as wide as red square, so shimming will be required. I personally use duct tape and nail polish stolen from the wife

be choosy. you pay the same price for a mint copy and for one that is scratched beyond recognition, in which case you will get "leica glow" (just kidding)

They are mostly old zeiss design, so providing that you can find a good copy...

the 35mm f2.8 old bigon is pretty good, but better for m8 than full frame as the rear element is huge and get very close to focal plane

the 50 f2 planar is pretty good

the 50 f1.5 sonar has wonderful bokeh, but watch the focus shift

go for a less ambitious design and you will get better IQ

Correct me if i am wrong, but i don't believe there are click stops for the aperture for any of these lens

Edited by RSo