black and white photos with leica T - How?

robstu

Bit of a nutter, can't find it on the camera menu and neither on the instruction manual - how do you shoot black & wihte photos without converting colour ones into b&W later on on the computer?

Tahnks for the help!

Hi:

Look at pg.152, color reproduction and set to B&W Natural or B&W high.Also see pg 212 #16.Good luck

Arnold

Hello, thank you for the interest.. however page 152 and 212 both refer to videomodality only - I am baffled (to say the very least) that it is not possibile to capture photos in B&W.....

Hi:

Sorry I am not good at posting replies, my manual has a English section & the pages I referred to are correct in my manual.However I want you to know the camera will shoot in B/W

Arnold

just go to Film Mode in Menu

tap the one you want .... rather inconsistently you don't need to press set ..... just exit .

you can alter the contrast and sharpness ..... which does need a 'set' to lock it.

I've not played with this before .... but the results look very good

Try the High Contrast Black & White. It's very special.

If you also set your camera for "DNG + JPEG", you can have the best of both worlds.

DNG= color (raw)

JPEG= high contrast b/w (if you have the film mode set to that).

Enjoy your T!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the "newbie" question here but ...

What is the advantage to shot in B/W compared to B/W conversion in post processing ?

I've been told that B/W shooting in numeric camera may offer a beter utilisation of the pixel's matrix ...

Thanks for your imput

Cheers

Yvan