Your Favourite Accessories?

Colin1974

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What are your favourite accessories for your work?

Mine are 1) Cable Release: I don't use a tripod, but this still provides stability for low-light/high ISO shots.

2) Angle Finder: very useful for ground level portraits or landscapes.

All the best, Colin.

• Like 1

Hello Colin,

Welcome to the Forum.

A small, solid, table tripod with soft, non-marking slippers.

On top of this is a large ball head.

Used with a cable release. The cable release is sometimes used alone.

A rigid lens hood. The rigid lens hood is used more to protect against inadvertant impact or damage than it is to reduce flare.

This combination can produce a significant improvement in photographic quality while @ the same time greatly expanding the boundaries of options available. It does this with equipment that takes very little space.

Best Regards,

Michael

For the M4-P and M7 cameras, Leica's motor wind 14408 or Abrahamsson's Rapid Winder and RapidGrip. For the M9, Really Right Stuff's bottom plate and grip with my own non-slip applique. For the 75mm Summilux, Leicagoodies Steer. (Looking for similar for 50mm Summicron Type 3).

For the M4, M4-P, M7, M9, Leica's 14312 carry strap.

Leicas fold-out table-pod 14100 with small ball-head.

Edited by pico

Be Prepared ------------ Humor

Fav Accessory:- The Girlfriend, (29 Blond, Slim & Wow)

A N D -> She has a Red Dot tattooed on her Baseplate........... :D

(No noise @ High ISO!) :eek:

Seriously, a couple of strips of grey duct tape wrapped around a thin piece of card.. I can sit my camera on that (any concrete or whatever) no scratches..

Also very useful for metering..............

Edited by manoleica
Added Info..........
  • Like 2

Luigi’s little battery and spare card case. I have them for my M8, 9 and 240. Also his new Silky strap, where I finally think I have found my ideal camera strap. Very comfortable round the neck and equally good wound round a hand.

Wilson

When arranging/composing still life subjects: a soft brush to eliminate dust; various sticky tapes including double sided; good supply of iso propyl alcohol and paper kitchen towel for cleaning; thin wire and Blu Tack to support subjects; numerous blocks of wood of different shapes, sizes, colours and lengths to support subjects and backgrounds; numerous pieces/lengths of real cotton velvet - ditto paper and vinyl; mains adaptor power supply for camera; redhead and fibre optic tungsten lighting; a set of Fisso lab tools i.e. supports, rods, universal joints, clamps … and two Lastolite light tents.

dunk

When arranging/composing still life subjects: a soft brush to eliminate dust; various sticky tapes including double sided; good supply of iso propyl alcohol and paper kitchen towel for cleaning; thin wire and Blu Tack to support subjects; numerous blocks of wood of different shapes, sizes, colours and lengths to support subjects and backgrounds; numerous pieces/lengths of real cotton velvet - ditto paper and vinyl; mains adaptor power supply for camera; redhead and fibre optic tungsten lighting; a set of Fisso lab tools i.e. supports, rods, universal joints, clamps … and two Lastolite light tents.

dunk

Dunk,

There is a job opening for you at Blue Peter any time you want it. Just remember to bring your own empty Squeezy bottles and loo roll cardboard tubes with you :D

Wilson

• Like 1

• 1 month later...