I love my M7...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

I have a black M7 from 2005 (SN: 2888) I purchased a year ago. And I wanted to ask whether or not you, as owners, Are concerned with the electronics and the fact it stopped making it. Are any one of you considered/considers going back to M6? Can you share some thoughts? I sold my TTL for the M7 and the M6TTL jumped in price, So I don't want to do the same mistake...

8 hours ago, edshreds said:

That sure does look good! Can I ask how you have it in black paint? Was it repainted?

I don't know about that particular camera but until quite recently (a couple of years ago?) it was possible to order an à la carte M7 in black paint with the Leica script logo on top. The cost – at around £4000 or so – was quite reasonable IMO. I imagine there are quite a few people now kicking themselves that they didn't take advantage of the programme.

• 7 months later...
On 5/5/2020 at 7:34 AM, edshreds said:

That sure does look good! Can I ask how you have it in black paint? Was it repainted?

Thanks for your appreciation!

I'm sorry that i just missed your comment. It isn't repainted but an à la carte M7 in black paint which is made to order by an official way. This individualized service is unavailable now.

3 hours ago, Kong said:

an à la carte M7 in black paint which is made to order by an official way. This individualized service is unavailable now.

In fact the M7 is no longer made, not just the à la carte service.  Mine was with black chrome, although I now wish it had been black paint.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I love my M7 as well. When I was traveling back and forth to Europe I would take my M6 ttl and M7. Summer, winter Bavarian style, never a problem. On a visit to Ludwig's castle it was drizzling, and very wet. I wrapped my M7 in a clear plastic poncho and went shooting without any camera problems. Never understood the fascination for "black paint" versus chrome. I remember when Leica first began the ala carte program and my thought was, " if you got the money".

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Keeping the M7 love alive.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 2:35 PM, Kong said:

My m7. I love it.

Nice camera in black paint Kong

Frame counter no longer works I have to send to Solms for repair . I am however careful when I charge the camera.
How much will it cost do you know ?

Best

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 4:19 AM, edstock said:

I love my M7 as well. When I was traveling back and forth to Europe I would take my M6 ttl and M7. Summer, winter Bavarian style, never a problem. On a visit to Ludwig's castle it was drizzling, and very wet. I wrapped my M7 in a clear plastic poncho and went shooting without any camera problems. Never understood the fascination for "black paint" versus chrome. I remember when Leica first began the ala carte program and my thought was, " if you got the money".

I love my M7.  To have digital and film M cameras that handle identically is fantastic.

Mine is black chrome. Very resistant finish to wear.  I prefer how black chrome gently silvers with time. Never liked the braising of the black paint cameras.  

At some stage I’ll also get an MP in silver as I really don’t want one in black paint.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 5:46 PM, Doc Henry said:

Nice camera in black paint Kong

Frame counter no longer works I have to send to Solms for repair . I am however careful when I charge the camera.
How much will it cost do you know ?

Best

I’m sorry for the late reply. Have you sent the camera to Solms yet?  I don’t know the exact number for the repairs, because I haven’t met with this problem before. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kong said:

I’m sorry for the late reply. Have you sent the camera to Solms yet?  I don’t know the exact number for the repairs, because I haven’t met with this problem before. 

Hi Kong , not yet , I still have one roll of film inside the camera but I will take advantage of this repair to do a general overhaul of the camera because I like the M7. 

Best

• Like 1

• 8 months later...