garden flowers in late summer

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

we had a nice day with warm temperatures and yet light is lower now and autumn is very near and one can feel it sink in every day.

Here are a few from our garden with Olympus EM 5 + Elmarit R 60 mm macro

Enjoy!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

Iduna,

Such beautiful lighting, the feeling of the light has subtly changed from summer and this difference is visible in these shots, the shifting of the seasons comes through with a hint of sadness. I particularly sense this in the third image.

Tom,

many thanks for your kind response.

Henry,

thank you for your nice comment

Paul,

yes, the lighting was a for a few moments like always too short...

Dee,

fine, these were exactly those feelings of a kind of farewell to summer. The whole day I spent outside for not to miss any precious moment. Thank you so much for sharing these moments.

Brent,

thank you, a very kind suggestion and interesting:

recently I studied a book about the garden of Virginia Woolf. That garden was being photographed by a photographer who's friend lived in that house for 10 years. Many of these photos had a special veillike haze being intense taken by a telelens creating a romantic look. Perhaps some sort of impact of the book is shining through my pictures. It is a pleasure that you recognized this. I am still working on improvements to work on the "essential".

Iduna,

I agree with Brent, I think you are already there with the essentials. Start working on that book!

This is a lovely set, bringing the garden to the senses of the viewer. Enjoy these last rays of summer sunshine, until next year. Autumn will bring different kinds of colors and light, and you will be busy recording the change. It's all good.

Ece

Ece,

oh, I am quite happy if you think so. Many thanks for your support and encouragement.

In late september we'll start off for Hong Kong. There we'll explore its beautiful nature with its forests and blossoms and seascapes and of course the glitzy city. Still I could not make up my mind for the telelens. This is why I tried the combo above. The 60 mm Elmarit together with a converter makes also a good landscape combination and I think I'll have to take also the 90 mm in order to emphasize a density. Forest , blossoms and butterflies, herbs and jungle with foliage of all kinds. 2 wideangle lenses will also be required. - After our return our autumn here will be in full swing and you are right about our pleasure of searching for the light.