Voightlander 15mm on T

I don't have any samples immediately available (will try to dig some out).

But I used the C/V 15mm (smaller original screw-mount version) on an Epson R-D1 way back when (same crop factor as the T) and it worked nicely, so far as the lens was concerned. Also on the Leica M8. I still use it occasionally (for B&W) on the M9.

A very nice "22.5 mm" ("20mm" on the M8). The crop factor eliminates the purple edge stains that show up on full-frame digital cameras.

In fact, the C/V 15mm "made" both cameras for me, since 20-21mm is my most important field of view. Wouldn't have been at all happy with the M8 without it. (Super-Wide-Tri-Elmar and Zeiss ZM 15 f/2.8 were too big and too expensive).

Some prefer the c/v 12 mm, claiming it is a bit sharper in the corners. My experience was that the 15 was sharper in the center, and I did not notice much difference in the corners (on a cropped sensor).

We have a T at the shop, and when I get back to work Thursday I will see if I can put together the string of adapters needed to try it out and also show how the combo looks (lens > LTM/M adapter > M/T adapter > T body).

• Like 1

Update:

On finding and reviewing some of my 10-year-old Epson R-D1/15mm images, the lens vignettes more than I remembered, on that camera.

However - the Epson had a stock Sony DSLR sensor (same as the Nikon D100). No offset microlenses as in Leica's sensors (and thicker cover glass).

I'm sure Leica's T sensor is much more compatable with short-back-focus lenses like the 15mm, since it has to work with Leica's own superwides.

Additionally, the Epson 15mm pictures are pretty soft by today's standards - but it has only 6 Mpixels, and a strong AA filter. (Ah, the good old days! - Not!)

I'll look for some M8/15mm images.

15mm C/V v. 1 on Leica T:

Outdoor shot, with crops of center and lower left corner, ISO 100. A faint touch of red edge. No corrections applied for CA or vignetting.

Indoor shot, with crop from center (ISO 12500). Main downside to the 15mm is the f/4.5 aperture - none too bright for indoor pictures.

Picture of T with 15mm mounted. LTM - M adapter is brass Milich version with 6-bit coding pits, and coded as "21mm Elmarit non-ASPH".

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am new to Leica and just got the T as starter. I like wide landscape photos, but the T's 1.5 crop factor makes the Leica's widest 18mm M lens to become 27mm in effect. So I bought the VM15. It works fine on T and i's easy to use by simply turning the focus to infinite distance and I don't need to worry about focusing. It will be sharp all the way. And it's very affordable.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!