Arte di Mano Case and Strap......

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some pics for those who might be interested ....

Nice snug fit, large screw in base that you can tighten enough with a thumbnail.

Spent an hour fixing the strap to the T lugs ..... just a bit of unpicking of stitching, lifting the glued sleeve and substituting the T lugs for the split rings and re-glueing/stitching.

Sejun will soon have a strap plus their own version of the lugs .... but I was too impatient ..... as usual ....:D

Couldn't see the point of re-using the plastic sleeve from the neoprene strap ..... and did think about flattening/thinning the leather where it goes round the pin and taking the leather sleeve down to cover the pin ....... but simple is often best, and I think this looks fine as it is ....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 10

I have to agree with Jono on the appearance of the half case, although the strap work you have done is excellent. You have more patience than I. I own several of Sejun's cases for the M and MM and I much prefer the softer black leather of these cases to the polished, harder leather you chose. I think in the softer glove leather (I forget what he calls it) the case would fit better and would look more part of the camera. Still, it is good to see the general treatment Sejun has meted out to a case for this unusual camera.

Would you mind if I lifted one or two your pictures to use on Macfilos? Having just tested the camera and made it clear that a half case would be my preferred accessory (to ease that sharp edge pain from the bottom of the grip), this would make a nice follow up.

Mike

No problem.

I would have left the raised hand bit off this case as the camera shape makes it unnecessary..... and would have preferred a soft thin leather protector ....... but the shape of the camera means the case needs to be stiff to stay in place.

I'm afraid i am scuff and scratch averse ........ would be different if I was a pro and the gear was tax deductible ...... so I now have a whole suite of Leicas with matching trad brown leather cases ........ the camera equivalent of the von Trapp family ...... will have to post a group photo sometime ....:D

How's the 40mm Summicron working out on the 'T' :-) ?

This is from yesterday with the 40/2 .....

colours and clarity seem to have lost a bit in the shrinkage/rendering on the forum .... :o

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 2

Some pics for those who might be interested ....

Nice snug fit, large screw in base that you can tighten enough with a thumbnail.

Spent an hour fixing the strap to the T lugs ..... just a bit of unpicking of stitching, lifting the glued sleeve and substituting the T lugs for the split rings and re-glueing/stitching.

Sejun will soon have a strap plus their own version of the lugs .... but I was too impatient ..... as usual ....:D

Couldn't see the point of re-using the plastic sleeve from the neoprene strap ..... and did think about flattening/thinning the leather where it goes round the pin and taking the leather sleeve down to cover the pin ....... but simple is often best, and I think this looks fine as it is ....

Thanks for your permission to use the photographs. I have now published a piece on your case here on Macfilos.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Folks

I'm trying to contact Sejun @ Arte di mano but the communication isn't fluent.

He kindly answer my first mail and ask me detail about what I was looking for.

I sent my answer promptely back to him four days ago.

Since then ... silence ! :(

Any opinion ?

Thanks

Yvan

I have always found Sejun to be very responsive and there is probably some good reason for a delay. Language can be a problem but it can be overcome with patience. In the end, the product is worth it!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread do just pushing this back up.

Anybody any experience with the other cases by Gariz and Artisan and Artist the Arte Di Mano looks great just a little 'heavy' and not very supple plus not sure it needs the added grip.

I've also ordered a match technical thumb grip any other users care to give there opinion on that.

TIA

Didn't want to start a new thread do just pushing this back up.

Anybody any experience with the other cases by Gariz and Artisan and Artist the Arte Di Mano looks great just a little 'heavy' and not very supple plus not sure it needs the added grip.

I've also ordered a match technical thumb grip any other users care to give there opinion on that.

TIA

Arte di Mano cases are not heavy and unsupple if you choose the right leather. I have the M and Monochrom cases in a soft black leather. The fit and finish is the best you can get in my opinion. I have not been too impressed with the cheaper Gariz cases in the past but I have not tried an M or T version.

Match Technical Thumbs Up grips are the best in the world without a doubt. I have them for my M and Monochrom and have been delighted with them. I hadn't considered using one on the T because I can't work satisfactorily without the EVF and, of course, using the Thumbs Up occupies the hotshoe. Certainly for the M cameras I can highly recommend Thumbs Up for the added grip and security.

Mike

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just received my black Arte di Mano case and strap. Here is a picture of it all tricked out with the case, strap, Match Technical strap lugs and ThumbsUp. The fit and finish of the Arte di Mano case is superb and enhances the aesthetics of the camera as well as markedly improving the stability of holding it. Of course the ThumbsUp complements the feel in the hand even further.

• Like 1