Why I Love my Leica

And many predictable comments...

For a technical editor he is a bit shaky on his details, though.

The Ur-Leica did not have an Elmar lens and the Canon 300D was a third-generation stripped down 10D. The Canon story starts with the D30....

Still, a very nice article.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed that. It's especially interesting, if accurate, that this all started with asthma. I guess necessity really is the mother of invention. And also to note how new technology can revolutionize an art form. It seems like since those early years photographic evolution has been mostly incremental rather than radical. Thanks for sharing it.

John

Edited by johnwolf

Leica is a good early example of disruptive technology. Once released after Leipzig Fair and caught on, wouldn't want to invest in large format cameras.

Digital is a disruptive technology like Apple was to music CDs and retail music stores and Uber may become to traditional taxis.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

....Digital is a disruptive technology like Apple was to music CDs and retail music stores and Uber may become to traditional taxis.

Digital may have been disruptive, but we're still making the same photographs we did with 35mm film. Like the article says, the introduction of small format cameras changed the fundamental nature of photography and what was photographed. Not sure we've seen anything THAT disruptive since then.

John

• Like 1

Digital may have been disruptive, but we're still making the same photographs we did with 35mm film. Like the article says, the introduction of small format cameras changed the fundamental nature of photography and what was photographed. Not sure we've seen anything THAT disruptive since then.

John

I think cell phone cameras have again changed the fundamental nature of photography.