Why your best photographs are made with the Monochrom and Noctilux F0.95 ???

the warrior

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Because sometimes I like to work at full aperture diaphragm, and there is no other purpose in the world that allows me so much of the Noctilux F0.95 quality.

The bokeh is just wonderful, do not quite understand that a 35mm say is the King of bokeh, sorry but I think a lie, it's like saying that a 17mm is the absolute master of bokeh.

For me the true King of bokeh to date is 75 lux, then the F0.95.

In my photographs I have the ssensción able to see the soul of people to shoot at an aperture of F0.95, there you can not hide anything, I see everything, at least I like to think so.

I'm a little tired of seeing the photographs so that pdc scenes portraits really do not know where to look.

There is a purpose for everything, for there are two portraits, the 75 lux and F0.95, and serves mostly for the street.

Never take it off my Monochrom, has permanently stuck before the f1 E60 was there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/108295717@N08/

• Like 3

Thanks for answering and give your opinion.

Life is black and white for many animals, they remove everything that distracts them.

Why all photography exhibitions are done in black and white ?.

A strong tendency to black and white is seen in many people a long time ago.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 1

Why all photography exhibitions are done in black and white ?.

Because the target is mainly old guys, and B&W has more nostalgia grip on them !?

;)

Would you please repost your last shot in color ? tnx.

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Like 1

I see ........ more.

You sometimes see more in B&W just because your brain is not distracted by colors.

But the fact is that a color photo contains more information than a B&W one, so - physically - you can only see less in a B&W shot :rolleyes:

It is more difficult to notice details and textures in a color photo, as colors get our attention, but it just takes practice to avoid "color distractions" and focus on other details.

My serious answer to the question is that, by discarding distracting information, B&W makes easier for the average person to "focus the brain" on the story that the photo wants to tell.

Same thing for very wide aperture lenses. The shallow depth of field removes distracting information (such as the background), and forces the viewer to focus on the subject in focus.

This is a double-edged sword though, as if you want to tell a story, most often you need to include the environment.

And if instead you have no story to tell, and just want to show me an interesting subject, then please do it in colors.

Chashirecat:

My shots are not in color, that's for something more vulgar photographers only shoot in color to say that your pictures are good ;)

Remember that double-edged swords are used in two directions and the person holding the knife can cut.

If you see my flicr and not just this example photo realizes that all my pictures tell a story, but you have to read to understand.

The color distracts people want their pictures lack color because other things are just a blue sky and a green tree, if you look across the network realizes this. It's boring.

The PDC is something only a few people know how to use, so many turn to say they do not like. Slight PDC is very complicated, do not all know.

The story of the fox and the apple, "BAH !!!, apple was very green, and I'm not hungry."

Thanks for your opinion.

Why so gray? By Bent Are Iversen | Leica

Another view, interesting.

Edited by the warrior

I'm not feeling it with these shots, the better ones are just OK.

And strangely enough, I'm not so sure this is a particularly good showing of the MM, the tones look incomplete or that they somehow roll off in a non-linear way, like some are missing or not represented in optimal fashion.

Edited by KM-25
  • Like 1

I like Leica Monochrom an d Noctilux f0.95

This lens is able to see inside people, watch your soul.

I like Leica Monochrom an d Noctilux f0.95

Never take it off my Monochrom, has permanently stuck before the f1 E60 was there.

Most of the pictures in your flickr stream, at least the ones I looked at, appear to be taken with the 50mm Summilux?

Hello friends.

I recently tried a summilux 50mm ASPH, and I've done enough pictures over a month, I'm finishing up at flickr.

You've also seen many pictures with the Noctilux f1.

Now all I'll upload it to the Noctilux F0.95.

I will also upload some pictures taken with the 50mm pre ASPH E46 summilux.

I have to take an order to upload the photographs, ancient to modern.

You can see that my favorite lens is always 50mm.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
Chashirecat:

My shots are not in color, that's for something more vulgar photographers only shoot in color to say that your pictures are good ;)

Remember that double-edged swords are used in two directions and the person holding the knife can cut.

If you see my flicr and not just this example photo realizes that all my pictures tell a story, but you have to read to understand.

The color distracts people want their pictures lack color because other things are just a blue sky and a green tree, if you look across the network realizes this. It's boring.

The PDC is something only a few people know how to use, so many turn to say they do not like. Slight PDC is very complicated, do not all know.

The story of the fox and the apple, "BAH !!!, apple was very green, and I'm not hungry."

Thanks for your opinion.

Why so gray? By Bent Are Iversen | Leica

Another view, interesting.

What has any of that codswallop have to do with Why your best photographs are made with the Monochrom and Noctilux F0.95 ???
  • Like 1

I can't say that my best photos are done in black and white, partly because what best is changes with mood. However I feel my work in B&W is far more creative, because I don't have the expectation that it reflects reality. It's almost as if the Monochrom made me a surrealist. It's amazing.

I listen very carefully to the arguments for B&W photography compared with colour, and try to look carefully at the evidence. Some have great validity and some are tosh, like most arguments, including those for colour.

Yet I still feel that, whilst there are undoubtedly many brilliant photographers producing beautiful b&W photos, the most interesting and stimulating of contemporary photography is nearly always colour work. Of course it is harder to do well, but maybe that is part of the reason it is so much more rewarding when it is done well.

Also, (and this is a very private thought, not meant to be insulting) I increasingly find B&W photos a little obvious, a little condescending almost, as if the world is too difficult to face up to and deal with visually, so it needs to be dumbed down, simplified so that we can feel the quick gratification of seeing something easily recognised as "artistic". It is not really surreal, it is not really abstraction, it is a very conventional approach to the type of photography that I'd personally like to see us continue progressing from rather than reverting to.

Edited by Peter H
  • Like 8