M + 50 SUMMICRON F2

seongkim

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Absolutely amazing, colour rendition and sharpness. This is exactly what I have been searching for. After many many hours/days/nights... researching Leica's quality and trying to understand the Leica look, I am slowly and seeing and possibly feeling the look. Feeling the look? Believe it or not, maybe I am crazy, when I print out images from the M and review, I never had feelings like this before... Not even from the H4D systems... Leica's captures the essence of the subject...

I also heard many people taking about the quality of the camera is unbeatable, however the images that come out of the camera are un-comparable... After reviewing images and playing with dynamic range, I would have to say that this is so far my #1 choice. I do not need fast auto focusing however just having the system for less than a week, I am already focusing extremely accurate and landing 95% of my shots.

I have to say, I am hooked. Coming from Hasselblad H4D, Nikon D800E, Canon's and just retired the Fuji lineup... I am not looking back, although I had many thoughts on going back at first but seeing the results and again "feeling" the images... I am no longer looking back or anywhere else. The next system will be the Leica S and I am pretty sure these two systems will be growing old with me.

Thank you kindly,

Seong

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 14

My M240 has shown me just how good my 1979 ver. 4 Cron can be.

It never looked this good on my M8 or M6.

Am I ever glad I hung onto it, crazy how much better high performance lenses get with higher resolution sensors :cool:

• Like 1

Thanks. So, that is not the APO version, correct?

That is correct, this is not APO.

I was informed the APO would be best on monochrome and the F2 none APO produces similar results and does not produce dramatic differences between the two...

It would be nice to have the best made lens in the world but for the price range... I think a nice S series lens with S body would be a better investment for commercial purposes.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
10 minutes ago, kivis said:

I have the most current non APO version and it is on my M-P 240 almost all the time (Occasionally use the 21mm).

You’re responding to a 6 year old post and to someone who hasn’t been here in three years. 😃