M8 sensor

JHAG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My M8 sensor has developed one burned pixel, forcing me to correction work on every pic shot in low light or with a strong source in front of me.

Intended to send it back : my Leica dealer informs me he has sent 2 other M8 this year, one in february, the other one in april. None is back yet.

Is there a third party capable to change a sensor (UK, NL, Germany) ?

Money is not a problem : repair is covered by my professional insurance.

• Like 1

They don't change the sensor unless there are many stuck pixels, They do a 'mapping' where the camera compensates for the stuck pixels.

As far as I know only Leica can do this.

If your a PRO get in contact with Leica Professionel Service where the turn around time is quick. Otherwise contact Leica Customer Service directly.

• Like 1

Rather unclear. Pro seems only related to outside EU.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Rather unclear. Pro seems only related to outside EU.

Actually, it says "pro forma invoice" which is not the same as "pro". I presume you have to show an invoice when "exporting" or "importing" expensive goods for repairs to and from the EU. A pro forma invoice would formally satisfy the requirement without any actual content.

• Like 1

Actually, it says "pro forma invoice" which is not the same as "pro". I presume you have to show an invoice when "exporting" or "importing" expensive goods for repairs to and from the EU. A pro forma invoice would formally satisfy the requirement without any actual content.

Stupid me. I didn't learn to read at school, dropped off too early (I was 3). :D

• Like 1