Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

Prague: morning and evening glow

Advertisement (gone after registration)

recently we visited the city of Prague for a few days. Now I am sitting over hundreds of files to be processed. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It is an amazing place for its hundreds of historic buildings, many of the Juvenile style and Art Deco or middle ages, renaissance and whatsoever. Light was gorgeous there being reflected by bright painted buildings which gave the light a soft golden quality. - But here for a start some morning and nightscapes.

Canon 5D MKII with Elmarit 28 mm

view from Malá Strana over the Ultava river

Olympus EM5 with Nocticron

Charles' Bridge view from Malà Strana at 6:00 a.m.

view from Malá Strana with Charles' Briges on the left

view from Malà Strana

X1, view to Hracin with Cathedral and palace

Iduna, this is an excellent "reportage" on Prague. I like all of them but my fav is the first one. Last year, when my daughter was on semester abroad, she visited Prague and loved it! Strangely, I have never been there and this is one of the places in Europe that I should absolutely see!

Iduna,

A fine series. The first one catches my eye immediately with the magic light, the stunning colors and the painterly appeal it has. You had your photographic easel perfectly located at the exact moment to paint this classic.

Paul

Louis,

many thanks for your nice feedback. Yes, this city is a dream of concentrated culture and a very nice place for its peopleand their lifestyle are very convenient also. I think we might go there again in october

Paul,

at each and every angle you find a place to linger with your photographic equipment and at the end of the day we were quited worked out. I'l post a few more themes very soon. Thanks for your intereeting comment which is always a great support.

An exquisite set, and you must have been very early on the bridge across the Charles since it was relatively empty.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Stuart,

yes, we were there at 6:00 a.m. and yet there we found people busy shooting, specially Chinese girls and then also a Czech group of 2 girls with photogrpaher and then one lady for dance etc. All were very quiet and enjoying the early hour. I'll post some samples later on.

Great series. I was there three years ago and I feel that you have captured the atmosphere very well. no 1 is my favorite.

Ali,

many thanks for your nice comment and your selection of favourites.

Stig,

oh, interesting, then I know to appreciate your comment very well. The feeling there had this happiness and romantic touch of which we thought all those people shared. I feel encouraged to post more. Thanks for your support.

Great set of images of a city I've always intended to visit, but for some reason never manged it.

Regards, Tom

Herman,

thanks for liking this series.

Tundraline,

many thanks for taking your choice, The line of penguins were really funny. such a kitschy yellow plastic and that dreamy skyline make a fine contrast.

Michael,

thanks a lot for your nice comment. It is always appreciated.

Tom,

it was also a long time for me when I postponed this. But then our American family came to our place and when thinking about special European destinations the decision was suddenly there ( I visited Prague once in 1978 and I remembered it to be beautiful but mainly dark with a few golden spots) and it was really a feast for us photographers to float in bright soft colors and a shimmering blue in the evenings.

Dee,

I am happy you like the series and that the delightful sights could be shared.

Hi everybody, clicking the button is well apreciated, thanks to all of you.

Great set - that first shot in particular does have a quite wonderful painterly quality, as Paul pointed out.

cheers:

Sam

Sam,

many thanks for your great feedback. I appreciate this a lot.

Bill,

wow, it makes me specially happy when my pictures are being "studied" even, nice to have your comment, Bill.