Firmware 1.1 No Longer Available - Good News?

It could also mean that no camera needs it anymore based on how many have been updated and how many were shipped still with the beta/pre-1.1 versions.

How would Leica know how many were updated?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know that Leica is a different kind of company, but I have never heard of any hardware supplier who did not make the latest version of their firmware available for download, even well after the product was mo longer in production.

Edited by wonner
  • Like 1

They can estimate:

If they shipped X amount of cameras (with older FW), and they know that Y amount is still with dealers (those dealers can update), and if there are Z amount of downloads (with safety margin for some people who download more than once), they can find out if all cameras have current firmware.

They can estimate:

They can not. It is perfectly useless to do so. They have either removed it from the site by mistake or in preparation of a new version. Anyone who feels the need to download it should send an enquiry to the web master.

My experience with the 1.1 is not good. The firmware is buggy imo. For example, I can't change my aperture no matter how I turn the wheel. So they pull it off to prevent ppl from updating to a buggy firmware in preparation for 1.2 which is better.

My experience with the 1.1 is not good. The firmware is buggy imo. For example, I can't change my aperture no matter how I turn the wheel.

People generally have no difficulty at all with changing the aperture with firmware 1.1 so this must be a different issue you are experiencing. Firmware 1.1 is actually quite stable but version 1.2 will implement additional features as indicated in the manual.

• Like 2

People generally have no difficulty at all with changing the aperture with firmware 1.1 so this must be a different issue you are experiencing. Firmware 1.1 is actually quite stable but version 1.2 will implement additional features as indicated in the manual.

A person like you, that has such good information by Leica, could tell me the Manual page where (besides citing as practically available firmware version 1.2) discusses some interest on it? Clearly Leica cites the new version, aware of the problems of 1.1 version. Until today there are only by Mr Maike Harberts, Product Manager for Leica T, words and no fact, all users must wait ... until when? Leica is seriously wrong with many users who think like me, and feel cheated and its CEO should publicly apologize to users. I think we deserve respect. Best Regards

• Like 1