Posting multiple images in threads

spylaw4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

er , Brian's "how to" instructions look as if they are for Windows users .... Must be somebody out there with a Mac to tell me the different technique. So far I note that a jpeg from iPhoto '06 can be "Exported" (e.g. to Documents) simultaneously re-sizing the same.

So if you have a Mac with iPhoto '06, tell me how to upload a Leica photo, please.

As Brian says, the procedure is exactly the same, regardless of what operating system you use.

Once you have an image saved where-ever you want to save it, uploading it is the same procedure.

• 3 months later...

Sorry, this is beyond me. Where is "Edit Options"? I don't get a paper clip, just "manage attachments". I then select image from desktop and upload. Any help appreciated -- otherwise they just display side by side.

David

Have you got the full WYSIWYG option set at the bottom of the "Edit options" section, once you have clicked on the User CP link at the head of head page?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

If so, you will see an interface like this, with the paperclip on the top row of buttons.

Click the paperclip, and a new window opens:

And this is what you will see when you have uploaded the images

Thanks Andy for your very clear instructions. Software always makes me feel dumb! Got it now, but I still reckon clicking "manage attachments" is simpler. Cheers, David :)

No problem, but if you want to add text between the images, the above method is the way to do it.

It also prevents the images just rubbing shoulders with each other across the page on wide monitors.

• 5 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Testing to see if I can post a picture

• 2 months later...
When I press maange attachments, nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

It may be a problem with the browser you're using. I found the same thing with older versions of Safari for Windows but IE6 and Firefox were ok.

My advice is to update to the latest version of the browser you're using (if you haven't already and it suits you to do so) or test it with another browser.

Pete.

• 1 month later...

Ok ich glaube dass ich es gut gemacht habe?

Excuse me for experimenting but I had to see if it worked.

Thanks Steve,

M8 + 1,4 50mm asph.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's for Mackers. When you reply to a thread, or start a new one, you get a window with a box for the text you want to write. When you want to attach a file, scroll down to the window 'Additional Options' below it. The second box in that window is titled 'Attach Files'. Press 'Manage Attachments'. A window with that title pops up. In it, you will use the top box, 'Upload File from your Computer' with its five little 'Select file' buttons. Clicking on the top one will give you the usual file selection procedure. (Below in the pop-up box there is a list of valid file attachments.)

When you have properly selected a file, the name of which now appears to the right of the button you clicked, click the 'Upload file' button *in the same box*. You can now go back to your original text input window. If you click 'Preview Post' you should see the picture appear together with the text you have already inputted (and which can be edited further of course, until you click the 'Submit Reply' button. Then you will be able to gloat over the real thing. For posting a second file, use the next 'Select file' button.

You may want to print this out to have it handy when you try this out.

The old man from the Age of Cat-and-Mouse (Pre-Digital)

• 11 months later...

first attempt to post a photo, x1

ciao robert

PS: wow, it works !