Eye Shade

Does anyone use an eye shade on the M's eye piece? If so, does it provide any advantage in bright lighting and what products would fit the M's viewfinder?

Thanks!

I tried a third party one on my M8 but found it seemed to get in the way and as I wear glasses, held my eye even further away from the finder. However I do use the large rubber eye cup on the EVF (Olympus part number EP-9) and find it stops stray light getting in and is worthwhile.

Wilson

• Like 1

I love eyecups and have had them on all my cameras.

The trouble is they just haven't worked for me on the M9 and M240. As Wilson has said they take the eye further away from the finder which impacts on viewing the wider frame lines and also affects the performance of correction dioptres when they are attached to the eyecup.

As I said I'd love to use them but have yet to find a satisfactory solution.

Like Wilson I also use the wide eyecup on the EVF.

• Like 1

I use a similar EVF on my X Vario and have added the Olympus eye-cup. On balance I like it and it does not push my glasses back from the eye-piece. It does accentuate the unavoidable dioptre adjustment though, with its larger diameter.

• Like 1

I use the E-Clypse with a 0.85 (de)magnifier with my M and my M8 and they work very well for me. The rubber prevents my glasses from getting scratched, they cut down distracting reflections from the LCD, and the 0.85 lens doesn't noticeably affect contrast in the viewfinder but lets me see most of the scene that I can without the E-Clypse.

Pete.

• Like 2