M8 and BEOON

RexS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is an example of M8 + BEOON + Summarit-M 2.5/50 at f/11 taken yesterday

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Original (same color ! )

Kodachrome 64 from 1991 taken with Leica R6 and Macro-Elmarit-R 2.8/60mm or Apo-Macro-Elmarit-R 2.8/100 (I don't remember)

not bad if we accept some slide mount ;)

• Like 2

Resurrecting this thread, and with a similar question to "suchislife".

I received with my Beoon a set of instructions, but in German unfortunately for me. If anyone knows where to obtain the English equivalent, I'd be appreciative.

I realise the use is not rocket-science, but I'd still like to get some.

Gary

I have taken some pictures of the English language version of the BEOON instruction manual for your use and possibly for others on the forum who might be looking to read it.

• Like 1

I have taken some pictures of the English language version of the BEOON instruction manual for your use and possibly for others on the forum who might be looking to read it.

I am sorry these photos are poor resolution....I was unable to put the scanned files up due to size limitations.  Or perhaps the limitation of my intelligence......I would be happy to send along a nicely scanned copy to someone who would be able to post it here for community use and reference.  It is too nice a day for me to keep sitting inside figuring out how to get this posted.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hellerkar,

Attached images are low res and file sizes only about 35KB each, 320x240pix.

What are the original sizes of your images ?

4 images:

Size:          Dimensions:

1.  1.4 MB.     1992x2816

2.  471 KB.     2350x3066

3.  500KB.      2205x2925

4.  573KB.     1758x2711

Hellerkar has done me a great favour, and emailed me the BEOON manual scans I had been searching for, and asked that I resize and share them here. Please keep these for your own use, and do not redistribute. Unfortunately, the restrictions of this forum require them to be spread over multiple posts, as there is a 500kb limit, and I wanted to keep them as large as possible for clarity. Pages 3 and 4 will follow in next message. 

Edited by brentb
  • Like 2

Pages 3 and 4 of BEOON manual courtesy of Hellerkar

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

My conclusion: to copy 24x36, the device can be used 50mm with two rings that come with BEOON : A + C + 50mm M mount (I tried with Summarit-M 2.5/50mm)

Slides are copied with 2mm to 3mm of plastic mount each side.

I used a Schneider Componon-S 50mm lens to obtain maximum field flatness, and to get the same a.noctilux's results (full slide with 2mm of plastic mount around in the M8's frame) I have to use the B+D rings + Componon-S.

In fact, the Componon-S is a screw mount lens, so it can't be used with the A ring (M mount).

Edited by alex7075

• 5 weeks later...

I used a Schneider Componon-S 50mm lens to obtain maximum field flatness, and to get the same a.noctilux's results (full slide with 2mm of plastic mount around in the M8's frame) I have to use the B+D rings + Componon-S.

In fact, the Componon-S is a screw mount lens, so it can't be used with the A ring (M mount).

Alex, so you use without "A" ring as sometime I do with enlarging lenses.

Macro lenses can be used (as Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 or Planar 2.8/60mm with good result and benefit of "cropping with the focus ring" if need be).

Those lenses need adapters Nikon/Contax to M or to LTM screw.

I forgot to mention the excellent Macro-Elmarit-R 2.8/60mm that I use sometimes (maybe the best of macro lenses that I have).

Summar 42mm (old repro lens) was tried, but not better results, only if I need some cropping, that's another story.

Edited by a.noctilux

• 2 years later...
Am 5.8.2020 um 05:12 schrieb a.noctilux:

Talking about enlarger lenses, my first choice of Focotar 4.5/50mm is as good as more "modern lenses".

Deception with my EL-Nikkor 2.8/50mm at "soft edges" mainly if FF sensor, but fine for M8 x1.3 sensor.

Nikkor enlarging lenses definitely have a sweet spot, they vary fstop to fstop, have had a few, sold them all. Schneider and Rodenstock are more even, don't know why the best 50mm isn't mentioned here, it is the Leica Focotar II, it is an f4.5 lens but it is also exceptional. The best slide copying lens is the Schneider Componon 80 f4 slide copying lens, built for 1:1 magnification, but not sure how it would work on a BEOON, I believe Rodenstock has a comparible lens. Thinking of trying to fins a BEOON.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Doanduy said:

I’m thinking about by a Leica BEOON.

I wonder that summicron 50mm version 5 working good? 
does anyone try summicron 50mm on 
Leica BEOON?

Welcome Doanduy,

Of course, the Beoon can be used with the Summicron 50mm every version.

I can say that we can use with the Beoon every lens we own (every mount if we have the adapter to M or LTM ).

I've tried out dozens (or more) lenses over time to make out my choice on the lens to use.

- every f/1.4 (or f/1) lenses are the worse for their poor performance at close range ( of course used close down to f/8 )

- most "macro f/2.8" lenses are corrected for close range but some are for use on 3D objects so "planar" close-up would not be so good in edges

- most enlarging lenses (50-75mm) are the most consistent

- f/2 lenses are in between, to be tried out if their performances are "high" enough

with M8, the crop factor may erase those border "flaws"

Arnaud

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Welcome Doanduy,

Of course, the Beoon can be used with the Summicron 50mm every version.

I can say that we can use with the Beoon every lens we own (every mount if we have the adapter to M or LTM ).

I've tried out dozens (or more) lenses over time to make out my choice on the lens to use.

- every f/1.4 (or f/1) lenses are the worse for their poor performance at close range ( of course used close down to f/8 )

- most "macro f/2.8" lenses are corrected for close range but some are for use on 3D objects so "planar" close-up would not be so good in edges

- most enlarging lenses (50-75mm) are the most consistent

- f/2 lenses are in between, to be tried out if their performances are "high" enough

with M8, the crop factor may erase those border "flaws"

Arnaud

Thank you Arnaud

Your comment is very helpful for me.