Auto White Balance

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is anyone else having Auto White Balance problems with their T? I upgraded from an X Vario and I have been less than impressed with the T's output, comparatively. The colors and skin tones are just not right. While images are very sharp, they have lacked that warm and special Leica look that the XV had in spades. I shoot in Std mode. I have narrowed it down to the auto white balance being off - seems to consistently run on the cool side (both indoors & outdoors). Images become *much* improved with post processing by tweaking temperature, but I really wasn't expecting to tweak every image to this degree in post. This was not the case with the XV, which had the best OOC colors and skin tones I've ever seen. I know this is supposed to be a strength of the XV and T. Perhaps it's a limited problem with my particular camera. Seems to be a similar situation with the 23mm lens and the zoom for me. I would appreciate any input or advice you all may have. Many thanks!

Is anyone else having Auto White Balance problems with their T? I upgraded from an X Vario and I have been less than impressed with the T's output, comparatively. ... Perhaps it's a limited problem with my particular camera. Seems to be a similar situation with the 23mm lens and the zoom for me. I would appreciate any input or advice you all may have. Many thanks!

That's surprising. White balance is an area where I have had almost no problems. For the most part, under a variety of conditions the camera judges the light Colour just right. I think others in this forum have had the same positive experience. Could be your particular piece as you say.

- Vikas

• Like 1

I owned the XV and own a T and the T's WB is better as are skin tones. This matches up with various reviewers that have measured its color accuracy and found it to be among the most accurate color rendering cameras. However, that is with RAW. With JPGs, Leica still seems to be all over the map and the XV and the T render JPGs very differently.

Is anyone else having Auto White Balance problems with their T? I upgraded from an X Vario and I have been less than impressed with the T's output, comparatively. The colors and skin tones are just not right. While images are very sharp, they have lacked that warm and special Leica look that the XV had in spades. I shoot in Std mode. I have narrowed it down to the auto white balance being off - seems to consistently run on the cool side (both indoors & outdoors). Images become *much* improved with post processing by tweaking temperature, but I really wasn't expecting to tweak every image to this degree in post. This was not the case with the XV, which had the best OOC colors and skin tones I've ever seen. I know this is supposed to be a strength of the XV and T. Perhaps it's a limited problem with my particular camera. Seems to be a similar situation with the 23mm lens and the zoom for me. I would appreciate any input or advice you all may have. Many thanks!

I have a similar problem and many times I set the WB manually:(

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Never used JPG.

DNG in Lightroom .... and WB behaviour is identical as far as I can tell between XV and T (I am using them both) which is not really surprising as I suspect the processing is identical .... with just the interface and the camera ergonomics being changed.

Hi, ist the problem solved or is your camera defective? It's the same with my Leica T, mostly cooler colors as it should be.....