Got my black T today!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Also got the 23mm lens, shoulder holster (super cool!) and black snap on case..Also amazing...had a choice of four colors, got black of course but will probably get another color just for fun factor.

There is a bit of a learning curve with this camera of course but I am very impressed.

Queston: why not the Vario lens?

The leather half-case is actually quite good. You need to remove it to extract the SD card, connect the USB cable and to remove the battery. You also need to remove the case to use the tripod.

However removal is relatively easy and just needs a few twists do the flush fitting screw below with a coin.

- Vikas

I just took the screw out. It then slides on and is easy to get on an off:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

>>I just took the screw out. It then slides on and is easy to get on an off:<<

For me that would be slipping off to easily!

when you are holding the case the camera is seated, so there is no chance of the camera slipping out. If you just held the camera, e.g. the lens, then the case might slip off but there is enough friction to prevent it

I did find a 1p piece in the UK attached the case ok but I couldn't be bothered screwing it on and off all the time.

wow all this over the T snap! Did someone say that's why they wouldn't get the camera? lol.

It's true it's a ridiculous PITA if you're in the field and need to access just about anything and for that reason I would simply leave it off on other than casual shoots and either use the half case or no case at all..it's $80 out of about a $4000 purchase..In Leica World that's about free...and yes I do hope someone creates a better design but I had no idea the T Snap even existed as it came in the day I bought the camera...I didn't know you would also have to remove the strap to get the T snap off..I ordered the half case and the T Snap is going back...so close and yet so far!

and also true, Leica's track record with case designs has been rather poor.

On the other hand the holster is rather well designed..I love it.

On my wish list is a case that covers up the red dot. :p

Edited by Avatar

Have you worked out how to remove the snap-on cover without removing the lens and one end of the carrying strap to change the battery or SD card? It's a flawed design IMHO.

Yes I did figure all of that out.

I remove the T Snap and leave it off. :D

• Like 1