Correcting the green shadows

Guest JonathanP

On 12/31/2018 at 8:50 AM, Bobitybob said:

Marcelo

The dropbox was not mine, if you look further up the thread it beloned to the member jmahto and the plugin was developed by the member jperkins.  I’m not at home at the moment so I can’t check if I still have a copy of this file as I swaped my 240 for an SL sometime ago and now don’t us it.  I will check and if I have I’ll let you know. In the meantime I’m not sure about jperkins but jmahto is still active on the forum so I would ask him if he still has a copy.

Regards

Thanks, Bob, I knew about the plugin developer but I missed the part about the dropbox not being yours. I appreciate your help! Messaging jmahto as well. Happy new year :)

On 12/31/2018 at 10:30 AM, Lightmover said:

Hi Bob

After a longer search I found the plugin an put it on one of my cloud drives. You can download it here. The plugin works great.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pKkCM7rdMXJXO_q_VjMkGD3c_kTSn--d?usp=sharing

All the best

Holger

www.holgergross.com

Holger, thank you very very much for going after it! It totally worked! At first I didn't get it right but then I went through the instructions in this thread and it works beautifully. A shame Leica's firmware fix for this is called M10 - the plugin makes the M240 much more useable in low light. Great way to begin 2019 :)

Many thanks

Edited by marcelography
I'm dumb

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2017 at 11:34 PM, antonrodriguez said:

When trying to use this plugin i receive the error "Processor returned error code: 32256"

Does anyone else receive this?

I've got the same problem, I'm running the current version of Lightroom Classic on MacOS 10.15.5

• 3 months later...
On 12/31/2018 at 12:30 PM, Lightmover said:

Hi Bob

After a longer search I found the plugin an put it on one of my cloud drives. You can download it here. The plugin works great.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pKkCM7rdMXJXO_q_VjMkGD3c_kTSn--d?usp=sharing

All the best

Holger

www.holgergross.com

That wonderful moment when you've been trying to find something that's years old and apparently unavailable, then find it on your google drive

Holger, you're a complete star! Thank you so much

Edited by Adam Bonn

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For users of the Typ 262, I'll add some info. From ISO 1250 and up, in raw, the green shadows don't exist (for the 240 it was documented at ISO 1600 and above the green shadows went away). There's some fixed pattern horizontal line banding but that's just the nature of the sensors from this era. If you don't push your exposure/shadows/blacks any more than 2 stops total for all there adjustments, you should be fine at any iso setting to not show any green shadows or banding. 

Also the "Pull 100" ISO setting can be pushed even harder, even up to 4 stops before any green shadows start to show. Even though you lose some headlight room in raw, the resulting flexibility is well worth the tradeoff imho. 

• Like 1