T Ornaments

Nothing new there. You only need some old sailor to do it:

Whatever meat it may have been, the salt beef was certainly abominable. It could, perhaps, have been made eatable by long soaking in the steep tub, but no meat for the messes was ever soaked for more than twenty-four hours. The salt pork was generally rather better than the beef, but the sailors could carve fancy articles, such as boxes, out of either meat. The flesh is said to have taken a good polish, like some close-grained wood.

John Masefield

Sea Life in Nelson’s Time

• Like 1

Nothing new there. You only need some old sailor to do it:

John Masefield

Sea Life in Nelson’s Time

Worth noting that the meat was at least 10% worms. With the cheese the sailors used to knock a lot of the worms out before taking a bite but too difficult with the meat.

On a side note I presume the Westerosi version of Leica would use dragon skin .....

• Like 1

The weevils were in the "bread". I doubt that any would survive the brine the meat was conserved in. Not that a lack of worms would make the meat more palatable - it was bad enough as it was.

To make the discussion less abstract. Here is a link to the wooden case from Miniot:

https://www.miniot.com/webshop/?portlet=miniot&page=leicat&state=normal

It is just another way to personalize one's camera according to taste, nicer perhaps than a silicone skin overlay. Fans of classic British turntables and loudspeakers might feel right a home with the finish. My only concern would be whether the sharp metal edges of the Leica strap fixing would damage the finish in a short time. The price seems no worse than many leather half cases for M cameras that are discussed in the forum.

Nick

Edited by Nick_S
  • Like 2

It looks like shelf paper, and it is an insult to the aesthetic intention of the machined body.

Why dress your cameras as if they were dolls?

Half-cases, softie buttons, thumbie-things; there's a whole industry in poorly executed cosmetic things that require a degree of self-deception for their rationale.

In my opinion.

It looks better than I thought it would, especially given the number of times Luigi' and other's efforts are paraded here and look pretty awful, IMHO.

It's not for me but don't forget the T has a broader target demographic than us so may well appeal to some and the price seems not unreasonable. Still the hassle of getting to the battery and SD card though.