Sign in to follow this  
pico

CE junk 'printed' on T?

...When the customer is finished watching the fundamental work performed on the "made in Germany" body, he rightly assumes that that work is performed in Germany.

The customer may assume that. If he does, he does not assume "rightly". The video does not tell that the work shown is performed in Germany. The label "Made in Germany" does not imply that, either. The customer is mistaken.

I speak in this case for customers who are basically being lied to.

Who asked you to represent them? Are you a crusader or complainer appealing to the ether of imagined victims?

I have the T and other Leicas, but ...

Sucker.

This customer watches the entire 45-minute video (I did) and sees the extensive (and expensive) hand work performed on the very basic Leica T body, a body "made in Germany".

Anyone who sits through the 45 minutes of that video deserves a lot worse than a Portuguese-Japanese camera put together by a German company.

As far as I know it's an official Leica video. Are you suggesting that Leica is lying to its customers?

I assume you've made your last ever Leica purchase then ? As surely being misled or lied to repeatedly simply isn't acceptable. After all they never got back to you about that cloning issue did they ? Diabolical customer service. Why you don't return and get your money back is a mystery. If you suggest it's been mis sold then that will be sufficient grounds to ask for a refund.

Badbob, I think the only thing you have right is your screen name.

I struggle to believe anything else you present here.

I wonder if you have relatives living under bridges in Scandanavia.

In an ideal world a decent product should be capable of selling without need of gimmicks.

For whatever reason, Leica opted for a prima facie gimmick in selling this camera: a movie showing 45 minutes of polishing.

Even in some contexts the label "made in x" can be a gimmick, if there is no logical reason why it is better than "made in y".

Others here may infer that I am not unsympathetic to criticism of Leica's use of ad gimmicks. I raise my hand as one who naively fell for the "lifetime companion" gimmick in buying an M9 (saying that, I still do not regret buying or still owning an M9. ** In fact, the dispelling of the "lifetime companion" idea has, on balance, played out as positively liberating for me: making me considerably less anxious about losing or inadvertently destroying my "momentary companion", and actually using it! Maybe you'll also eventually feel better to demote your T to a more practical status, one commensurate with its being made from a simple chunk of aluminium.).

Some gimmicks are more subtle than others. Obvious gimmicks, like the T-polish video, scream "caveat emptor". I'm honestly sorry you fell for it, but my advice is to take it as a lesson learned, enjoy your camera, and move on.

Edited by M9reno
** addition

This thread has me quite concerned as to how Bob will cope

when he finds out about Father Christmas. I don't want to be

the one who tells him, that's for sure

This thread has me quite concerned as to how Bob will cope

when he finds out about Father Christmas. I don't want to be

the one who tells him, that's for sure

What do you mean about 'father christmas' ....... is there something I don't know ??

I've just posted my requests to the North Pole as usual ..... and am now a bit concerned .....

No need, as long as you used the correct address, your letter will end up at Santa's post office in Rovaniemi, Finland:

Santa Claus Main Post Office

Arctic Circle

96930 Arctic Circle

Finland

But did you send it before Photokina?