• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   I've been here in this forum for a while but mostly as a viewer. This is my first thread here and I'd like to introduce to you guys about Hanoi, the city where I'm living. I know that it's impossible to depict a city only by a single person. Anyway, I will try to post and give captions; hope that people could have some information about Hanoi, the capital city of Vietnam. If anybody of you has visited and want to share, feel free to post photos.   Here we go,   1. This is a w

from a recent roll:   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!waiting for the rain by kiemchacsu, on Flickr   Leica M2 35/2 Summicron IV Tmax400 developed in HC-110 E

I switch to another theme: Old residential neighbourhoods in Hanoi   During the Soviet era (says 60s - 70s previous century), Soviet Union and East Germany had helped Vietnam to build many residential unit while we were still busy with the Civil War. I guess that were the huge improvement in terms of living condition at that time but at the moment, most of them are in serious deterioration. The City has been trying to demolish and rebuild them but there are still a lot remained in really bad c

A warm welcome to the forum and thank you for this informative photo tour through your city, I find it and your interesting narrative fascinating by showing us the real everyday life. Feel free to share more of your fine photography with us.

Paul

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Really nice images, Trung. #2 is my favorite, followed closely by #4. Please do post more.

Hanoi is an enigma to many of we westerners who grew up during the Vietnam war era; it is one of the places I would most like to visit and photograph.

And welccome to the forum!

Edited by Carlos Danger
Really nice images, Trung. #2 is my favorite, followed closely by #4. Please do post more.

Hanoi is an enigma to many of we westerners who grew up during the Vietnam war era; it is one of the places I would most like to visit and photograph.

And welccome to the forum!

Thanks Carlos,

I'm among the young generations of Vietnamese who were born after the war. I also always want to know what the Westerners think about that war, though nowadays the war obsession is quite fade for us, the young group IMHO

Continue with some more photos

5. Many People in old (crowded) residential areas make food and sell it right in front of their house.

1404 M2_35F2 Hanoi 13 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

6. The young generations

after school hour by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

7. The young generations

Playing ground by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

8. The young generations

140401 rigid-M3 VanChuong superia_35 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

I switch to another theme: Old residential neighbourhoods in Hanoi

During the Soviet era (says 60s - 70s previous century), Soviet Union and East Germany had helped Vietnam to build many residential unit while we were still busy with the Civil War. I guess that were the huge improvement in terms of living condition at that time but at the moment, most of them are in serious deterioration. The City has been trying to demolish and rebuild them but there are still a lot remained in really bad condition. I am giving an example of "Van Chuong residential neighborhood", the place I've visited several times to document it.

9. Here is the facade of a apartment, you can have an idea how old it is.

1207_16_Vanchuong_Fomapan100_2 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

10. The electricity odometers are located in front of each building

1207_14_Vanchuong_Fomapan100 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

11. Normally, there is a common playing ground for several buildings. Not so big but enough for kids playing football or guys doing body buider

1207_07_Vanchuong_Fomapan100(F3) by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

1207_05_HP5+_2 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing such wonderful candid photojournalistic shots of Ha-Noi. I will have to make time to go home for a long visit. I was born and raised in Saigon.

Thank you, Saigon now is the most developed city in Vietnam, you would be surprised next time you visit.

Welcome to the forum! Very, very good starter. Really love your BW images. But I have to confess that the color images are also great. Much enjoyed.

I should have posted more when I registered in this forum 5 years ago. I've happened to be appeared in another forum more often actually. Thank you!

Continue with the theme of old apartments in Hanoi, built during 50s-80s of the previous century

1207_01_Vanchuong_Fomapan100(F3) by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

1207_29_Vanchuong_Fomapan100(F3) by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

1207_22_Vanchuong_Fomapan100_2 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

1207_26_HP5+ by kiemchacsu, on Flickr