t snap !!!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Bought the T Snap and that rear whatever it's called. Instant regret. It's the devil to put on and equally hard to remove. The rear silicone piece has a flap that should slip between the T Snap and the camera bottom but it doesn't stay in place while mounting the T Snap and compounds the problem.

To expect anyone to do that each time you want to remove the SD card or battery or even to access the mini-USB port is beyond comprehension.

- Vikas

• Like 6

I think the t-snap would work well with a very simple change. Basically cut out a section of the right side the same shape as the usb/SD door. As I charge via USB I would then never have to take the case off

rgds

I don't have this (yet) - I wasn't really planning on using it all the time. I thought it might be useful to put on for a trip, or when I'm going to be in a rugged or dirty environment. Put it on at home (empty SD car, battery charged), use the camera, bring it home, and take the cover off and put it on the shelf for next time.

Now having second thoughts ...

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought one from "Leica Miami" . It was too much trouble to put on and don't even ask how hard it was to remove &^^%$$^&**$%#@. I returned it for a refund. By the way , they are really great to do business with. Now I'm considering the "Arte di Mano" half case. More money but less hassle.:)

I just got my t the other day with the t-snap and the t-flap. I love the snap, it's tight but I can remove and install easily and quickly after a few times. Looking good isn't free you know! :)

The flap is a complete waste of time. Don't even bother with it. IMHO of course!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway tried the Gariz half case I have seen a black and brown one on eBay after the pretty negative feedback on the T snap I maybe tempted by it.

Looks to have easy access to memory card but still needs removing for a battery change.

Nearly forgot had gun shot ring which gives more strap options too.

Absolutely agree with all of you. I bought T-Snap and T-Flap for a trip just to be sure that my T is in safe during it. Unfortunately it's a waste of money because it doesn't protect as it should and it's a pain to put it off. And yes in this case my T overheated. I put it off (my hands didn't say thanks for that, it was quite painful and I did it not from my first attempt) and after that the cam felt itself much better. And to tell the truth I didn't expect such an awful product from Leica. If I decide not to use the T and cover it up rather far off, I'll put it on the cam. Huge disappointment

• 1 month later...

@Stef63 > (where do you guys put the pin so that it is always with you and does not get lost )

I put the pin on my key ring. I have a metal label that is bigger than the pin on the ring. So the pin doesn't stick out and make holes in my pockets.

• 1 year later...

Presently I have a Billingham Hadley Pro. The T goes in there and the two zooms (18-55, 56-135, the bigger one in its protective case. No divider between the two.

Glad I read this I won't buy the T-Snap/Flap, as I tend to take the card out to put it in a reader a  lot. That sounds like a right pain with Snap/Flap.

My main concern is to protect the rear screen area, then the body from scratches.

Ever Ready these are too bulky. A leather half case that does not block the screen and allows connection to a tripod...... that is what I am after.

http://leicastoremiami.com/collections/t-system-cases-bags-straps/products/arte-di-mano-leica-t-typ-701-half-case-semi-cover-minerva-black-with-black-stitching

This looks interesting but also a nice price even if it is handmade.

I changed to Gariz after the failure of Snap, and quite happy with it. 

It is absolutely ridiculous whoever designed the snap, probably just on the computer rather than in real life.

That's what I use and the battery access is the only niglet I have.