t snap !!!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I took a chance 4 months ago and I cut the bottom of the snap in the area of the battery and the release mechanism. So far has working very good. I use a SD card of 16GB + the Internal memory, however when I have the need to change the SD card on the way, I notice that the snap get flexible enough and now I don't need to remove the lens and the snap. I just push it enough to have access to the area of the SD card compartment and replace the card. Of course you need to practice to do it without a problem. But I don't use all the time the strap around the neck, I only use the strap around my wrist on the opposite side of the SD card. If You use the full strap around your neck, you can't push the snap because the pin of the strap get on the way. But hey! at least I can remove the battery without problems anymore.    

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

This is just an exemple of what goes wrong with the T development. 
First : its initial firmware were nowhere near ready for prime time ! 
Second : stupid range of accessories : Snap being close to useless, sticky silicon strap, non universal strap lugs, even leather case is not convenient.

Third : a subpar processor, making the T and TL as slow as molasses. 

Even TL2 made a very remarquable entry to this world. If you dare connect a Visoflex to the TL2, the camera will be bricked. 
Leica were forced to withdraw the TL2 from sell for a few months in order to correct the unfortunate issue. 

T project was flawed since the beginning. Finally Leica gave up on them. 
No more firmware update since October 2018. 
And no successor in the future. 

• Like 1