Drowning in adapters

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Of course, I've got lots of lens adapters. But as I patiently wait for my T to arrive, I would love for Leica or Novoflex to make an R to T adapter, and Viso to T adapter. Sure, I'll use the M to T adapter to get R and Viso lens onto the T. However, it would be a lot nicer to use just one adapter on a lens instead of two. I tried the Elmar 65mm, on the T in the Leica Store with a Viso to M and then the M to T. It worked, but a dedicated adapter would be better. So, Novoflex get busy.

Ciao, Sully

• Like 1

And there's such a selection too! :rolleyes:

Surely there is an argument that says that if the current lenses offered do not satisfy you then perhaps the system doesn't, at least for the moment

I am buying it for a zoom system as I have other systems for primes.

Best Rgds

• Like 1

Harold,

I, too, am buying the T for my zoom lenses....{21-35 R, 35-70 R, 70-180 R, and 80-200R}. I have already tested the old 65mm Viso lens on the T. It worked well as a close-up lens and a portrait lens. I would also love to use my 280 Apo F2.8 R with doubler and my Viso 400 and 560 lenes. I never could find a 105-280 R zoom that I could afford. However, the 70-80 R zoom will give me almost the same field of view coverage (105-270) when used on the T. Unfortunately, I could never could find a 280 Apo F 4, at a good price. But the zooms are more important for my work because it is video.

Usually, I use these lenses on the M240 where they work quite well. But having a nice pocket camera (23mm lens) and long zooms when you need them seems quite appealing to me. I think, arguably, the R lenses are the best ever made. So, until Leica comes out with set of F 2.8 and F 4 auto-focus zooms, I'll just use the old R lenses. And frankly, the old Viso lenses are pretty good too.

Ciao, Sully

• Like 2

Surely there is an argument that says that if the current lenses offered do not satisfy you then perhaps the system doesn't, at least for the moment

I am buying it for a zoom system as I have other systems for primes.

Best Rgds

Me too Harold, but the crop factor makes it a very attractive option with some of the longer M and R lenses...... And it works well with them too, both functionally and ergonomically.

All the best

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There is that argument, but for me much of the appeal of the T is an image recording back for my R lenses and given this the adapter supply is important.

• Like 1

Some hopeful news...... I emailed Metabones about making a Speed Booster for Leica R lenses to the T camera. They emailed back the next day saying that they were working on it.

A Speed Booster is an adapter (with glass inside) that increases the speed of a full frame lens, e.g. 50mm R, F2 by one stop, e.g. F 1.4. It also widens the FOV of a lens by 29 percent on a M43 camera (Panasonic GH3/4). The lens speed increase and FOV for the T might be a little different because it has a bigger chip (APS-C).

I use their Speed Boosters on my M 240 cameras with R lenses with great success. The adapters are well machined and optically excellent.

Ciao, Sully

• Like 5