Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mixed things up last Thursday morning and used my SD-24 flash on my MM to shoot some morning commuters. I think I can up the creativity after I get the hang of the flash better. It's a real bitch to work with :mad:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Many thanks, Ece, Becker, Stuart and Paul.

Stuart/Paul - The strength was intentional. In fact, if I knew how to better use that crack flash I'd up it even more short of blowing highlights. I'll do another run later this week and see if I can come up with some interesting results.

Edited by A miller

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Love your work, Adam. When I see a post from you, I know there will be something excellent to look at. I like Nos. 4 and 5, and the last one. Using a flash for street photography ups the ante quite a bit. I have avoided flash photography for the past 40 years because I have found it so nettlesome, and so difficult to produce results that look "natural."

• Like 1

Many thanks, Tom, for the kind comment. I've still got some practice to do with this God foresaken flash to get the effect that I want, which is not mere perfectly composed fill flash, but rather stark exaggerated flashes that are matched with unusual expressions. I'll keep plugging away!

• 2 weeks later...