Leica T Strap Mount

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have done the same and removed the lugs from my silicon strap. I then trimmed the leather tabs from an old M A&A strap and it looks great. The strap is one of the very soft leather ones so works well as a wrist strap also. As they are handmade the leather differed a little in depth at each end and one was very easy to pass through the plastic part on the strap lug and the other side took about 20 mins to coax it through. Overall very happy.......

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings! There is a new lug retrofit by Match Technical which allows for any strap to be used with the Leica T. It comes with two T-strap lugs and the extractor pin. You can find this on the popflash website.

Is there a link to this somewhere? I cannot find it either on Popflash or Match sites. Thanx.

@thighslapper - The standard strap, wrist straps and additional straps are IMO simply awful for many reasons. :( There are only really two options, modify the existing as has been done by some, or use a standard lug (well there is a third - no strap at all). I think Match have done a very good job and provided what is needed! As to whether one will need leather tabs - that may very well be - but so what? :)

Brian ......

Arte di Mano will be producing straps attached to the Leica type T lug shortly ..... they have a 'man on the job' fabricating their own version ....... the Match T lugs are a halfway house solution.

The Neoprene gear looks flash but as you say is functionally awful ........

My Arte Di Mano case and strap appear on tuesday ........ the latter will take some minor surgery to attach to the lugs from my neoprene strap ..... I'll post some shots later in the week if all goes ok.

The T actually looks pretty good in a retro brown leather half case ....... far better than the 'Dan Dare' offerings from Leica .......:rolleyes:

Brian ......

Arte di Mano will be producing straps attached to the Leica type T lug shortly ..... they have a 'man on the job' fabricating their own version ....... the Match T lugs are a halfway house solution.

The Neoprene gear looks flash but as you say is functionally awful ........

My Arte Di Mano case and strap appear on tuesday ........ the latter will take some minor surgery to attach to the lugs from my neoprene strap ..... I'll post some shots later in the week if all goes ok.

The T actually looks pretty good in a retro brown leather half case ....... far better than the 'Dan Dare' offerings from Leica .......:rolleyes:

Interesting re Arte their products do look very well made. I do however have reservations re their (presumably) leather strap in that it might not be long enough and I am used to the A&A silk straps which to me are ideal but do need standard lugs despite my adaptation.

I agree that the T does look good in the Arte ½ cases!

• 3 weeks later...

Removed the lugs, saved the silicone strap (did not cut it) and used the leather Leica carrying strap that I bought for my X2, perfect width, fits precisely on the T lug system.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...