APO 50 images

Amazing out of focus rendering both in front of and behind the focus distance. Combined with a very pleasant micro-contrast at focus. Nicely demonstrated by Megadust above.

It's indeed a special lens in a very small package. A favorite of mine. So much that I don't use the 50 Lux that much any more...

Edited by helged
  • Like 2

I'm sorry my English is not great. I like this lens.

your english seems fine to me, but if you're worried post more pictures instead; they say a picture says more than 1k words and this thread contains too much babble, and way too few pictures anyway

Samples with a Monochrom from last week below (limited to 1024), pop by www.sortvitt.com if you want better res.

I have the lens on loan and am impressed by the ease of use, sharpness and light weight. Seems like a fantastic allround lens, a lot of fun to shoot with.

the first two are overexposed.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
Amazing out of focus rendering both in front of and behind the focus distance. ...
Still trying to find the focus point......................nice picture though

Here are some I've taken recently with this lens. I love its images, but dislike the sloppy aperture ring, that is really too loose.

In one of these there is flare, but I find that in some situations it has a certain aesthetic appeal.

Is your lens bought before or after the recall? There is a situation with the early APO 50 having flare.

Corrected Leica APO Summicron 50mm f/2.0 ASPH lens starting to ship again | Leica News & Rumors

Edited by thebarnman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't see anything in terms of IQ, depth of field and OOF / bokeh that the 50mm Summilux ASPH FLE doesn't equal or best, but I haven't shot with the 50mm Cron APO. I probably shouldn't, as we all know where that can lead...

• Like 2

I don't see anything in terms of IQ, depth of field and OOF / bokeh that the 50mm Summilux ASPH FLE doesn't equal or best, but I haven't shot with the 50mm Cron APO. I probably shouldn't, as we all know where that can lead...

I have the lux and I think the 50 apo wins in distortion CA and corners. As much as I'd like the 50 APO I don't think I'd ever get to use its full potential.