APO 50 images

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The limits are not derived from the sensor sizes; if this was the case, they would be by a large factor more than they are. Rather, they are to take into account that not all members are blessed with large bandwidth connections at low rates.

• Like 1

Please keep to the forum's rules concerning the maximum allowable size for pictures shown here. Those rules apply to pictures linked to from other sites as well.

No picture may exceed 1024 pixels on the longer side and must not exceed 300 kB in size.

I'm afraid I had to delete a number of beautiful pictures.

It was for members to see.I didn't know you have these rules.If you can understand the quality of 50 mm apo from 300k samples it is my fault.Sorry ;(

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ahmedgencal/

Edited by agencal
  • Like 1

I spoke to Ming Thein, Steve Huff and Thorsten v O today and none of them noticed any focus shift with their copy of the APO50

I will go to Wetzlar on Monday and have them check my lens

Are you distinguishing between focus shift when stopping down and more generalized front focus, which would suggest a calibration issue?

Jeff

• Like 1

Very frustrating THP:(

Every time I consider whether I may want this lens something elso puts me off - initially the flare issue and now an f2.0 lens that is mis-focusing. And of course whether the optical advantages are really worth the cost.

It's still on my maybe list but not more than that at this stage.

• Like 1

Loaded from camera into Photos on ipad, shrunk to 1024 on longest side in PS Touch. I hope it's below 300kb, none of these programs tell the size.

The end result doesn't show off the APO 50 but a picture of Paris is always a pleasure.

M240, APO-Summicron 2/50 ASPH. Hand held (which usually means a -1.5 degree tilt with me).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Samples with a Monochrom from last week below (limited to 1024), pop by www.sortvitt.com if you want better res.

I have the lens on loan and am impressed by the ease of use, sharpness and light weight. Seems like a fantastic allround lens, a lot of fun to shoot with.

Nice images, thank you for sharing and welcome to the forum!

Some of these have been posted elsewhere ...... all high ISO images at F4 or wider

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 12

Some of these have been posted elsewhere ...... all high ISO images at F4 or wider

Lovely images, my favorite is the last one

Lovely model, gorgeous light control and nicely framed!

Edit: I mean the second last image now, the sequence changed in the meanwhile

Edited by TheGodParticle
noted in the reply

The limits are not derived from the sensor sizes; if this was the case, they would be by a large factor more than they are. Rather, they are to take into account that not all members are blessed with large bandwidth connections at low rates.

If page load times or megabytes are the problem shouldn't you also limit the number of images per page?

Considering that we are all about the pictures these limits are perverse. That's all I have to say on the matter. Sorry for the diversion.

Fast service!

Well, I drive down since I live an hour away from Wetzlar and the customer service folks are always nice and accommodating

While I enjoy some coffee/cake/confectionary at the Leitz Cafe, they quickly service my gear and I drive back feeling happy

Now if somebody found the switch to turn the rain mode off and turn the sunshine mode back on ...