APO 50 images

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The flare problem that has afflicted the 50 APO is not of the kind that would appear in these kind of photos. It is/was a phenomenon that appeared under completely different conditions – typically 'overcast' type lighting or a nearby window just out of frame.

The flare problem that has afflicted the 50 APO is not of the kind that would appear in these kind of photos. It is/was a phenomenon that appeared under completely different conditions – typically 'overcast' type lighting or a nearby window just out of frame.

Thanks! As soon I've got it finally, i'll find out...

And this was exactly the same behaviour that I was getting from its predecessor, the Summicron 50, so really looking forward to seeing updated reports regarding the Apo 50, following the fix. Considering buying Apo for my (re-purchased) M9, but most likely will end up with the Lux 50 Asph again (my third one....).

first samples

it's been cloudy and raining since yesterday evening so my plans of taking some good pictures have been ... well ... washed away

here are a few samples shot outdoors yesterday evening and some around the house this morning, all with the M240 (OVF vs EVF indicated)

not the best samples given it was already evening, cloudy and i had probable focus shift issues but when the sun breaks out, ill be able to post some low ISO high shutter clean images

all images imported in LR5 and exported as JPEG. no WB tinkering, no lens profile selected in LR and no other modifications done. the camera is set to auto lens detect and it displays the lens as 2/50mm

shot @ MFD with OVF:

14576981484_e9b38fc256_b.jpg

shot @ MFD with OVF:

14392222229_837c906046_b.jpg

shot @ MFD with OVF:

14392530779_1d13fc964c_b.jpg

shot @ MFD with OVF, the word was written in purple, this is not a bad case of PF:

14392659727_b099c4a1c7_b.jpg

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

observations so far:

- the build quality is indeed amazing. definitely on the same level as the Noct 0.95

- the APOness of the lens is clear. no fringing and no detectable spherochromatism so far

- the new design for the pull out hood is awesome. no more wobbly hoods

- color, contrast and clarity are impressive

- i saw "swirly bokeh" in a few shots!!! the oof rendering reminded me of the Noct f1, though not as extreme

- if not for the rain + focus shift issues (which you will clearly notice in the next series of images), i would have posted more interesting torture test samples

edit: you can already see the focus shift in the images above. the next set shows focus shift beyond any reasonable doubt.

Edited by TheGodParticle
  • Like 2

Bokeh and amazing details....

Yes, I've got one and will sell others for it... :)

Best regards

lik

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

At ISO 2500 (with noise reduction)

The building in BW with visible stars in the sky even though the building was illuminated

Edited by lik
Orthography
  • Like 2

Would be cool to see real shots with less Blurreh (bokeh?) and more in-focus.

Here you are!

4.0 - 1/3000 - ISO 200

• Like 1

I also bought the new production one.I also had the old one..Both are the same to me,Maybe the one i had earlier was also a great sample.

Please keep to the forum's rules concerning the maximum allowable size for pictures shown here. Those rules apply to pictures linked to from other sites as well.

No picture may exceed 1024 pixels on the longer side and must not exceed 300 kB in size.

I'm afraid I had to delete a number of beautiful pictures.