Leica T vs Fujifilm X E-1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's the link...

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-news/2014/05/leica-t-versus-fujifilm-x-e2/

Not very flattering comparison. Makes the Leica buyers look as if they will buy for aesthetics, history, prestige etc. over the Fuji X E-1 buyers.

I love this comment..

"A real Leica lens with high quality lens design and build (made in Japan)"

On a Side Note...

I'm using the M8 and Fujifilm X E-1 and find the two bodies entirely interchangeable and very complimentary throughout the Leica system. For me it's the optical rangefinder focusing, wins with the M8, but the Live View on the X E-1 wins also, and the ease of using just about any manual-focus lens available.

Cheers Dave S :)

Edited by david strachan
justdid
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Here's the link...

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-news/2014/05/leica-t-versus-fujifilm-x-e2/

Not very flattering comparison. Makes the Leica buyers look as if they will buy for aesthetics, history, prestige etc. over the Fuji X E-1 buyers.

I did own an X E-1 for a short while. It good but in the end I sold it. I like the T much better as a camera to shoot with. It could be the that the cost is leading to a perception of quality and desirability but at the end of the day I am enjoying the T a lot more than I did the X E-1!

• Like 3

<rant start>

Yeah, and a old Sony Nex-5 gets very good shots as well, so what!

Things move on. Handling, style and lenses are important.

No one forces anyone to buy a BMW over a Ford, it's all personal taste.

People who don't like the T (most of whom have never seem or used it) mainly criticise the build quality. As they would prefer something cheaper from Leica.

I have news, there is Sony and Fuji. Leica would achieve nothing as a tiny company competing with the mass market.

It needs to provide build, joy of ownership, handling, innovation and quirks that a mainstream company wouldn't think about.

If someone doesn't value these things then fine buy something else.

And still, even with the beautiful design, the IQ is exemplary. I bought it for the IQ of the zoom as well as the joy of ownership and I haven't been disappointed. I wanted a zoom sharp throughout the range and a super sharp sensor.

The new interface is a bonus, it's turned out really well and something special.

Throw in lovely looks - I can't be happier.

<rant over>

:D

Edited by colonel
  • Like 8

<rant start>

It needs to provide build, joy of ownership, handling, innovation and quirks that a mainstream company wouldn't think about.

If someone doesn't value these things then fine buy something else.

<rant over>

:D

well said.

I don't give a monkeys if Fujikon can make an all singing all dancing 72mp camera with 20 screens of menu options and the ability to take 3d video in the dark for 500 dollars/euros.....

If the camera isn't a pleasure to use and own I am not interested ......:rolleyes:

• Like 2