T LCD question

What about a cap on the EVF eyepiece so the camera thinks you are looking through the viewfinder? I don’t think Leica would consider turning off the LCD entirely as the EVF cannot replace its touch functionality.

• Like 7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Gaffer's Tape, I fear :( It is the one thing I hope Leica will change.

Jaapv and Alexander. Thanks for your replies. Yes, that would be a big deal for me. I would definitely want the option turn off the lcd and just shoot with the evf. My m240 evf has a button when pressed it switches live view to the evf permanently until selected otherwise.

Jaapv and Alexander. Thanks for your replies. Yes, that would be a big deal for me. I would definitely want the option turn off the lcd and just shoot with the evf. My m240 evf has a button when pressed it switches live view to the evf permanently until selected otherwise.

Candidly, this may not be the camera for you because you would then need to push a button to turn on the LCD to perform any action that was not available from the two dials. With this camera, most of your interactions and controls are on the LCD touch screen and part of the beauty of the design is you only need to touch the camera icon to activate your options. This would add an additional step to the process and slow you down. A camera with more buttons and dials works better for having the LCD turned off. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
What about a cap on the EVF eyepiece so the camera thinks you are looking through the viewfinder? I don’t think Leica would consider turning off the LCD entirely as the EVF cannot replace its touch functionality.

If the EVF / display switching, was as fast as in a6000, there would be no problem

If the EVF / display switching, was as fast as in a6000, there would be no problem

I don’t see how the switching speed had any bearing on the problem that the display is always on when you are not looking through the EVF.

• Like 1

I don’t see how the switching speed had any bearing on the problem that the display is always on when you are not looking through the EVF.

Well, if you want to frequently use the EVF then quick switching would be the next best thing to being able to switch off the LCD and having the EVF on as a default setting.

- Vikas

• Like 1

Well, if you want to frequently use the EVF then quick switching would be the next best thing to being able to switch off the LCD and having the EVF on as a default setting.

Joe was complaining about the switching speed which can only refer to the speed of automatic switching. But even if the eye-sensor was any faster (I suppose the delay is to prevent accidental switching and could be reduced if required) that wouldn’t solve the problem of the display being always on when one is not looking through the viewfinder. The TO was asking for a manual switch to turn off the display and the only way to achive that is to fool the camera into thinking you are using the EVF, for example by placing a cap on the eye-sensor.

• Like 3