Sign in to follow this  

lenses for M9 and m240

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I had my lenses adapted to the M9 (e.g. distance / focus of each lens was syncronised to this particular M9) now I am going to buy a M240, I am wondering if the distance / focus will be correct to the M240 too

Does anyone have appropriate experince ?

Thank you very much for your reply

Leica doesn't adapt lenses to a specific camera, they just make sure that both the camera's rangefinder and the lens are both within the tolerances required. Assuming this is the case with your lenses, they should work fine on the M as well as the M9

I hear very few if any complaints about the calibration of the M 240. If your lenses are adjusted properly you should have no problem.

Hi Simon

thank you very much for your reply. I have visited your website, very nice the picture from Venice San Giorgio

regards

Peter

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Blake k
      Curious as to if this is lens haze or not . Have not noticed anything in the photographs . Thanks

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Al Brown
      Please share your opinion - if you have used or owned both lenses or any opinion on the topic. Mostly interested in comparison of render, sharpness, bokeh, pop etc. according to you - digital sensor or film.

Early reports indicated the Hexanons were inferior. According to LHSA "some Hexanon early samples were reported to have focusing discrepancies, long since resolved, and that adversely affected initial sales. The current consensus: Konica KM and Leica M lenses, even those with longer focal lengths and wider apertures, can be used interchangeably on both cameras without problems." Lots of posts ot the tiny flange difference between the cameras, but here we discuss the lens.

Mr. Rockwell even went as far as comparing the build of Summicron 50 (V) to the Hexanon-M 50 side by side and they indeed look almost identical. Check the pic on his webpage under the Hexanon topic.
      I have recently acquired a Hexanon-M 50/2 (photographed below on my M) and it is a stellar performer, slightly better wide open (especially corners) compared to Summicron M 50/2 (IV) in all the tests I did.
      YMMV.

• By Kanykei
      Hi there
      Can anybody please explain what these numbers mean on the rear coma adjustment ring on Miyazaki lens
      Specifically what happens on these?:
      -- infinity 

Thank you in advance! 

• By anrotil68
      I'm going to buy a zoom. I am not sure whether to take a used 90-280 SL LEICA or the new PANASONIC 70.200 F2.8. Has anyone had the opportunity to try them both and make some difference? thank you
    • By erniethemilk
      I keep hearing good things about the Leica 40mm f2 Summicron. (also read Minolta Rokkor option). 

Just wondering if it’s as good as the reviews appear to be. Currently have a Nokton 35mm 1.4 & a 50mm 1.2 Nokton. The 50mm is a great lens but quite big and the 35 1.4 is a bit of a so and so for vignetting.

Wondering if the 40mm f2 would cut the mustard on my M6/M10 combination.