US Deleiveries ??

Distribution center at Allendale received some yesterday but they hadn't gone out to dealers yet. Not sure how many dealers will get. Most dealers say they don't know until 1 or 2 days prior.

Depends on where you are on the list. The cameras are dribbling in. My dealer got 2 on May 28th. One was for sale and I was lucky enough to get it. The other was for demo. My dealer is small, suburban, and I have always felt I had a better chance there than from one of the big mail order houses. You may want to check around with smaller dealers. B&H sells tons but sometimes has very long wait lists on newly released products.

I received mine yesterday from a local dealer, Raleigh NC. I was on a waiting list at B&H and have no idea where I am on it so I did the long drive instead. It always feels good supporting the mom and pop store as much as I like B&H, no tax and liberal return policy.

• Like 1

Terri,

You may have to hunt around from various sources. Early this monring I saw one T Body and 1 T Zoom lens available on Amazon from a 3rd party vendor. I found two thrid party vendors that had the Visoflex available and was able to get one. Tuesday I found a third party vendor on Amazon that had the M adapter available. They seem to be trickling in.

• Like 1

The trickling in is frustrating. I pre ordered from a Leica store(3 days after they started taking them) in hopes they would get more shipment than some of the other places. No word yet other than it would take "several shipments from Leica" to fulfill their pre orders.... I'll give them a little more time, but I will start to look from some of the other smaller places soon even if I have to piecemeal together a set(T + lens + EVF). There is no dealer that I know of even remotely close to me so online or phone orders are the only way for me to go.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Terri,

You may have to hunt around from various sources. Early this monring I saw one T Body and 1 T Zoom lens available on Amazon from a 3rd party vendor. I found two thrid party vendors that had the Visoflex available and was able to get one. Tuesday I found a third party vendor on Amazon that had the M adapter available. They seem to be trickling in.

I ordered a couple of days after launch. I'm not in enough of a rush to go hunting around and will wait a bit. I don't have a smaller Leica dealer in NYC that I have any relationship with so I ordered from B&H knowing their list could be long. They had a two day holiday this week so I wasn't expecting anything but the general lack of postings on line about people getting their cameras is a little disconcerting.

Edited by TEBnewyork
  • Like 1

The trickling in is frustrating. I pre ordered from a Leica store(3 days after they started taking them) in hopes they would get more shipment than some of the other places. No word yet other than it would take "several shipments from Leica" to fulfill their pre orders.... I'll give them a little more time, but I will start to look from some of the other smaller places soon even if I have to piecemeal together a set(T + lens + EVF). There is no dealer that I know of even remotely close to me so online or phone orders are the only way for me to go.

3 days after is an eternity in the Leica pre-order universe...these aren't mass produced, so they will trickle in...fortunately the T is produced in larger quantities than typical Leica cameras so they should start appearing soon. BUT...Its only been a week since the launch, so not sure what you expected. The cameras are being shipped world wide, so trickle is that way it works.

From my experience, the best bet is to call or email dealers regularly though...you will find them soon enough.

Terry,

Amazon currently has the following items in stock (none are direct from Amazon):

1- Zoom lens

1- ½ case grey

2-Holsters grey leather

1-Visoflex EVF

I can assure you that you will have difficulty finding any one dealer that will have sufficient quantity for you to complete your order unless you just want a body and maybe lens. Every dealer I have talked to is saying end of July before they have taken care of filling pre-orders. If you want a black body it will be longer. Same is true for the Aluminum holster. If you will want an EVF (I think you will) you should snap the last one before they are gone.

Terry,

Amazon currently has the following items in stock (none are direct from Amazon):

1- Zoom lens

1- ½ case grey

2-Holsters grey leather

1-Visoflex EVF

I can assure you that you will have difficulty finding any one dealer that will have sufficient quantity for you to complete your order unless you just want a body and maybe lens. Every dealer I have talked to is saying end of July before they have taken care of filling pre-orders. If you want a black body it will be longer. Same is true for the Aluminum holster. If you will want an EVF (I think you will) you should snap the last one before they are gone.

Thanks,

I'm going to wait and see what's up with B&H when they reopen. Again, my concern wasn't as much about when is mine going to get here vs. the lack of chatter from people getting cameras.

Terry

Thanks,

I'm going to wait and see what's up with B&H when they reopen. Again, my concern wasn't as much about when is mine going to get here vs. the lack of chatter from people getting cameras.

Terry

This forum represents a very small percentage of T customers and the worldwide launch date was just last week. Were you thinking Leica ships every day to the US? My guess, its weekly at best if not monthly...meaning the next batch hasn't even left Germany yet.

This forum represents a very small percentage of T customers and the worldwide launch date was just last week. Were you thinking Leica ships every day to the US? My guess, its weekly at best if not monthly...meaning the next batch hasn't even left Germany yet.

I realize that this is just one forum but it isn't the only forum I follow. It is quiet everywhere. Last week the word was very little came in and more would arrive this week. Well this week is just about done and it doesn't seem like anyone new got cameras this week.

I'm well aware of Leica not being able to meet demand on many products. Been there done that before. But on other launches there has always been more chatter around the internet than there has been with the T and it seems a little bit odd considering we keep hearing of high demand.

On DPReview forum they seem to attribute it to low demand.

Yes ...... and I can't remember a 'Where's my X-Vario' thread either.......:rolleyes:

Most of the forum users seem to be buying as an M back-up that they can use M lenses with ..... I think they will be pleasantly surprised by the image quality and realise it is a very acceptable M substitute in more circumstances than they imagined.......

New ..... non forum users will presumably be buying because they fell for the styling ..... and are unlikely to feature here for a while ...... if ever..... not everyone is nerdy/autistic/obsessed after all.... :p

One caveat is the firmware ..... I am still having sporadic selector wheel lock-outs that are following no discernible pattern ...... and as there are presumably no actual mechanical moving parts it must be software gremlins ...... :o

• Like 1

... One caveat is the firmware ..... I am still having sporadic selector wheel lock-outs that are following no discernible pattern ...... and as there are presumably no actual mechanical moving parts it must be software gremlins ...... :o

That's curious. I have not had a lockup after the firmware upgrade. Just one before that.

B&H changed their expected availability date to July 4th... :eek: Presumably that's if you ordered today? Hopefully the early pre-orders would be filled by then...

Why in the world would B&H put July 4th as an expected date when they know it is a holiday in the US so it isn't possible that they will get delivery on the 4th or ship on the 4th. I could see just about any other day or if they were a non-US company and didn't celebrate the 4th of July but that is not the case so it is insulting to customers to use such a date.

John -

My guess is that they expect to receive the goods on July 3rd and process them into inventory to begin packaging for shipping on the 4th. They are open on the 4th, but close early for the Sabbath, reopening Sunday morning the 6th.

• Like 1