Left adjusting dial

no ....there are some dodgy cameras out there for reasons unknown .......

I get my replacement tomorrow .... and will then be able to tell if it is the camera, a combination of camera and peripherals, or just the mug behind the camera that is the issue .....:D

Guest Leicanew

I'm glad for you guys.

We saw the same behaviour in a store's demo camera but it might be in some units only... I'm quite happy with it but I need to remember to let it fully wake before shooting. It happens on any programme and with the left dial assigned to the exposure compensation function. I still hope it's fixed in a future firmware update.

I tried it again with the left dial set to EV and it still did not duplicate your behavior. I am turning the camera on and pressing the shutter before the camera is ready and the dial just works fine. Am I doing it the same way you are?

I tried it again with the left dial set to EV and it still did not duplicate your behavior. I am turning the camera on and pressing the shutter before the camera is ready and the dial just works fine. Am I doing it the same way you are?

It sounds to me like it's only some cameras - but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed in firmware either.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just finished talking with Leica USA. My left dial simply doesn't work. The box doesn't light up and it won't change the settings in any of the modes. They think I have gotten a bad dial and the camera goes back to the retailer tomorrow. Unfortunately, there are no replacements available until sometime next month. Didn't expect this from Leica, but I guess it happens to all manufacturers.:eek:

Same Problem with mine. Left dial is not reacting most of the times when i turn the Wheel. Seems to be a cc Case :-/. Too Bad, i just started to like it!

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

1 day ago I had the same problem (after having the camera for 1 week), that the two dials almost never worked after switching on the camera. After a reset of the camera the problem seems to be gone, at least until now ;) My camera had firmware 1.1 preinstalled from the shop. Hopefully there is a firmware update coming to fix this problem.

Regards, Michael

• 1 month later...

I had one occasion when my left dial did not respond it has not recurred. Have a question regarding the exposure compensation. I have my left dial set to EV. The camera is in Aperture mode- when I adjust my EV, the shutter speed also changes. Has anyone experienced this? I did not notice this before. I have the 18-56 lens on and firmware 1.1 which came with the camera.

Have a question regarding the exposure compensation. I have my left dial set to EV. The camera is in Aperture mode- when I adjust my EV, the shutter speed also changes. Has anyone experienced this?

For sure, that's how it is supposed to work! Basically, if your image is correctly exposed at

Base ISO at f/8 with 1/125 exposure

and you choose to underexpose 1 stop, every camera will correct to

Base ISO at f/8 with 1/250 exposure

as this is half of the time for a correct exposure.

It may be a different case when working at higher ISO with auto enabled, as lower ISO is preferred to avoid noise.

Interesting today I started with a full freshly charged battery and I had the same issues with the dials not responding once I had pushed the shutter button ( but not taken an image). I checked the wifi and turned it off and the dials started to respond again immediately.

I had turned the camera off and on a couple of times to get the dials working again but turning the wifi off did the trick.

Really it's a simple fix I will leave the wifi off until I actually need it, and that will also be better for power consumption too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leicanew

I finally got a replacement camera under guarantee which doesn't have the issues experienced with the original one (especially the slow responsiveness) but I noticed leaving the wifi on causes the bug that might disable the dials (wifi is now off unless it's needed). Hoping they fix this in the next firmware version...

• Like 1