M240 & Eye-Fi mobi

SVX90

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

First post so please take it easy on me.

Received an Eye-fi mobi card last week and it worked fine until I tried out the (Format SD Card) feature from the menu. Now the card's network won't show in my iPhone.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Does the card still work otherwise? You can take pictures and transfer them to your computer in the ordinary, non-wireless, way?

Thanks for your reply. And the card still works yes, but no WiFi

check the files on the card by reading it on a PC

there should be the DCIM folder with the leica images....

..... plus a seperate folder with the EyeFi wireless control programs.

I thought this was locked and couldn't be over-written/deleted .... but you never know ....:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I format mine regularly with no problems. But those cards can be finicky, so I'd suggest setting it up from scratch again.

If I remember correctly, you have to put the card into the computer to establish the link to the network.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I format mine regularly in my M240 too. I've also formatted it in my PC with the sdformatter software. For the Mobi version of the card there is no setup on a computer required (or possible actually). It is just supposed to work. In my experience the camera needs to be close to the receiving device, and it can help to tip the camera on its side so the baseplate faces the device. I find the transfers are faster if I do that.

If you want to keep at it you might try checking to see if a different device can see the card. Not necessarily connect to it... Just see it in the list of available networks. If so that means the problem is probably not the card but your iphone. Also you might try the card in a different camera... Although it's hard to understand how that camera would play a role. Otherwise, I would suggest returning/exchanging the card.

• Like 2

Problem solved as I received this reply from

Alan Hinchcliffe

formatting the card should not cause a problem one thing that may stop the eyefi network appearing, are you shooting raw only? the Mobi will only deploy its wifi network if it has something to send and it is only able to send jpgs and video. a card log may help to figure out what's wrong, to get the log you would need to install the desktop receiver onto a windows or mac computer and then follow the following instructions.

Eye-Fi Card Log retrieval process:

1. Plug the Eye-Fi Card into the USB card reader and into your computer

2. Click on the Eye-Fi Helper icon in the Apple Menu Bar or in the Windows Task Bar

3. Select "Get Eye-Fi Card Log..." from the menu. You may have to wait several seconds, but, in a moment, you will be asked where to save the Eye-Fi Card log file

4. Save the Eye-Fi Card.log

"the Mobi will only deploy its wifi network if it has something to send and it is only able to send jpgs and video"

• Like 3