Water damaged M8.2

Larsnl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is there anyone else than Leica Germany that fix digital Leicas? I've heard that it often takes up to 4 month before you get it back...

Try to get in contact with Wil van Maanen in the Netherlands.

Kontakt

I never had anything to repair, but he has an excellent reputation in the Netherlands!

Good luck, and I will cross fingers for your M8!

John

Is there anyone else than Leica Germany that fix digital Leicas? I've heard that it often takes up to 4 month before you get it back...

Never happened to me the last forty years.....

Try to get in contact with Wil van Maanen in the Netherlands.

Kontakt

I never had anything to repair, but he has an excellent reputation in the Netherlands!

Good luck, and I will cross fingers for your M8!

John

As far as I know, Wil can only repair analogue equipment, and is unable to work on digital equipment.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As far as I know, Wil can only repair analogue equipment, and is unable to work on digital equipment.

I think he must be quite backed up anyway. He has had my 80-200 Vario-Elmar-R for a month for service and I have heard nothing other than that he has received it.

Wilson

I think he must be quite backed up anyway. He has had my 80-200 Vario-Elmar-R for a month for service and I have heard nothing other than that he has received it.

Wilson

Spoke too soon, just had an email from Will, my 80-200 is repaired. Still don’t think Will is going to be any help with electronics.

Wilson

He was on holiday...

Jaap,

He got back beginning of July, as he said not to send him the lens while they were closed, so I did not send it until the end of June. Anyway as soon as the electronic bank transfer has cleared (why do bank electrons take 4 days to travel from the UK to Netherlands, it must be a weird quantum tunnelling effect), the lens will be on its way to me.

Wilson

• 4 weeks later...

New update!

After sending the camera to Leica, I got this answer:

Dear Leica Customer,

The camera is damaged by water and is not repairable.

Furthermore the repair is not economical, because the repair costs would exceed the current value of the

camera.

Best regards,

Leica Customer Care

D. Garcia

It will cost me about $110 to get it back. Do you think I can get that back selling it in parts, or should I forget it, and let Leica throw it away (or what ever they do)?

New update!

Dear Leica Customer,

Furthermore the repair is not economical, because the repair costs would exceed the current value of the

camera.

Best regards,

Leica Customer Care

D. Garcia

It will cost me about $110 to get it back. Do you think I can get that back selling it in parts, or should I forget it, and let Leica throw it away (or what ever they do)?

You should make that back in parts without a problem. It may take some time since the market is small, but if you are willing to wait, I think you will come out ahead.

New update!

Dear Leica Customer,

camera.

Best regards,

Leica Customer Care

D. Garcia

So in the same mail they say it is not repairable, and then they say the repair is not economical. So presumably it is repairable :) ask them how much the uneconomical repair would be :)

Anyway, good that you have finally come to the conclusion that it is broken. Time to start saving.....

• Like 1