The preferred M lenses on a T

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I wondered if others are coming to a similar conclusion. I'm beginning to realize that the more compact M lenses actually make a wonderful fit on the T. The 90mm Summarit-M was a joy to use compared to the APO Summicron. The 35mm Summicron feels better than the Summilux. You only give up a step or less in speed but the usability and ease of use is well worth it. It would have to be exceptional circumstances that will make me use the larger and faster versions of lenses.

These lenses go a long way to enhancing the versatility of the T, specially if you're used to manual focussing and manual/aperture priority exposure.

- Vikas

• Like 1

........ yes ....and as a result of comments by the wily old fox (Jaap) I have found a mint Summicron C 40/2 ..... gives suprisingly good results for a 40 year old compact lens on the M and looks ideally suited to the T ...... as suggested ..... :)

• Like 6

........ yes ....and as a result of comments by the wily old fox (Jaap) I have found a mint Summicron C 40/2 ..... gives suprisingly good results for a 40 year old compact lens on the M and looks ideally suited to the T ...... as suggested ..... :)

I've been looking for that lens for ages!

• Like 1

Please post some shots from your T and 40 Summ C combo!

Regards

• Like 3

Another lens that should be nice : the SuperElmar 18 will make a nice and relatively compact 24

And I am certainly going to try the ColorSkopar 25/4.0 as a miniature 35 mm lens.

I find that given the crop factor of the T, wide angle M lenses have limited use. I'd rather just have the convenience of the the AF T lenses for that range.

For me, faster, longer M lenses are more useful on the T.

50 Lux = 75 f/1.4 - great for portraiture

75 Cron = 112 f/2 - great for portraiture

90 Elmarit = 135 f/2.8 - nice all-around tele

• Like 3

I find that given the crop factor of the T, wide angle M lenses have limited use. I'd rather just have the convenience of the the AF T lenses for that range.

For me, faster, longer M lenses are more useful on the T.

50 Lux = 75 f/1.4 - great for portraiture

75 Cron = 112 f/2 - great for portraiture

90 Elmarit = 135 f/2.8 - nice all-around tele

I'm right with you here. And don't forget the lovely 135 APO Telyt as a 200/f3.4

A tricky lens on the M, but lovely on the T

I've been using the 75'cron a lot in the last few days (one of the most underrated of lenses)

All the best

• Like 2

Actually I just bought a vario-Elmar 80-200 for use on the T. See how it stacks up against the 105-280 on the M. If it is good it will save me quite a bit of weight and bulk in my travel kit :) Plus the 105-280 might finance the T and stuff all on its own ;)

• Like 1