Why do we post Leica C threads in this section?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I concur with the above remarks. The quality of the files from the Leica C is astonishingly good, you can shoot in raw and the zoom goes to 200mm. I had my Leica C with me at Photokina last week and found a member of the Leica staff speaking rather condescendingly about it. The man was otherwise very helpful and friendly, but I cannot imagine why an employee does not stand behind all the products of his firm.

I get that same feeling on this forum - it takes a great deal of effort and persistence to figure out that this is the thread where you can post messages about the Leica C, furthermore all the previous remarks about allocating Leica C users a better place have so far been ignored. I use two M9's, but it is the little Leica C that I find myself using a lot these days for all the reasons mentioned above.

----------------

Frans

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I agree that it does seem to be the Cinderella of the Leica line of cameras, Apart from the major advantage of being so small that it can be carried in a shirt pocket and tends to be the camera that can be carried on normal social occasions it is surprisingly competent both for stills and video. I do not do much video but I have found it possible to make stable clips with quite reasonable sound at events like grand-children's parties. The HDMI socket allows immediate playback through a TV set.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

It is a continuing disappointment that the 'C' and its capabilities are so hidden away in the forum - it really does deserve a more representative placing. On Tuesday I hijacked my wife's camera during a days visit to a National Trust property and the results confirmed for me the power of this little gem.

Kingston Lacy House

Roses Still in Bloom

I agree the new C is a peach of a camera. I exchanged my D-Lux 5 for it. I now prefer it to my Olympus DSLR. It fits nicely in the pocket and is easy to control, especially with that front control ring. The EVF is as good as the external one I had on the D-Lux.

I have not been disappointed by the image quality even at 800 ISO.

Why do we post Leica C threads in this sub-forum?

Surely such a fine camera is worthy of inclusion in the 'D-Lux, Digilux, V-lux sub-forum' ?

dunk

My previous Leica C post was steered into the D Lux section and so far nobody has complained :)

dunk