Leica T Systems + Etc Nowhere to be Found!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone else having troubles getting even one component of the Leica T system?

I preordered the day after the announcement, and haven't even gotten an estimated ship date, only a "guess."

I managed to snag a body and an EVF from some random shop in NYC, but haven't found EITHER of the lenses anywhere, even for a split second.

Thoughts? Tips? Amazing how constrained this all seems... but I'm new to Leica, so maybe this isn't a new thing. ;)

• Like 1

... but I'm new to Leica, so maybe this isn't a new thing.

:D:D:D

..... for Leica this is indecently quick ...... we are all used to waiting months or even years ....:rolleyes:

Here in the UK the bulk of awaited stock seems to be appearing next week ..... (info from two seperate sources) but various bits including lenses have been available for several weeks .....

A dealer who was at the Wetzlar opening the other week told me he has had assurances that all his pre-orders should be fulfilled by mid June at the latest.

If you want Leica you often need patience ......

I already have a pile of bits/lenses and just need a body ...... which apparently is arriving at my dealer on monday....

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 2

Email I got today from the Leica store where I ordered said it would take "several shipments from Leica" to fulfill their pre-orders. I assume this to mean several weeks. I hope not several months! :eek: But I think the end of May date was just meant as the beginning of shipments. I think just a bit more patience is needed I guess. But I understand your frustration. I want my T and I want it now! :D (And a lens to go with it would be nice too. :p )

Edited by StevenWithAVee
spelling
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I hope I haven't given the impression that I'm super impatient...

More backstory here: I sold my 5d Mk2 kit and L lens set to step into the super compact and elegantly built world of Leica. While I considered moving into a rangefinder, I thought I'd take a big gamble and go all in on the T system. I travel quite a bit, and found that the sheer size of my Canon kit was becoming prohibitive to getting the right shots in the right places with the right kit. Plus, the design aesthetic if the T can't be matched.

Here's to hoping I'm not hugely disappointed. ;)

• Like 1

Good luck. We always travel with carry-on luggage only, so downsizing of camera gear and weight is important to me. The T strikes me as a fine compromise as long as its abilities matches the needs of its owner.

• Like 1

Well, I don’t expect my black one before August. And I am # 1 on our Leica Boutique store. :)

The black model was never supposed to ship in first batch. Silver officially released and shipped from dealers on May 26th, this is the date announced on 4/24. I received my launch day pre-order on 28th due to holiday.

Sales started here in the USA on the 27th due to the 26th being a holiday. Mine was delivered on the 28th (body plus zoom). Every dealer I have spoken with including the Leica Store in Miami says they received no accessories but expect some on next shipment.

Sales started here in the USA on the 27th due to the 26th being a holiday. Mine was delivered on the 28th (body plus zoom). Every dealer I have spoken with including the Leica Store in Miami says they received no accessories but expect some on next shipment.

Hope the autofocus is ok for you John .....;):D

• Like 1

Since you had the X-Vario in the past, be interesting to know how you find picture quality as both use same sensor. Do you see improvement with the T lenses?

I sold my X-Vario recently as I never been completely happy with fixed lens camera's in general. Can not afford digital M system but hope lenses in T system will be same quality as M in smaller size.

thanks

Dan

The picture quality is very good. I think it is slightly better than the XV but, honestly, it is close. I like the way the camera handles and the menu system is responsive and as quick as my iPhone 5 (may not match the 5S) You can see some JPG and DNG shots I took at the beach today. Nothing artistic just trying to capture people having fun and enjoying what was a beautiful day.

San Clemente, CA

• Like 1