Firmware Request(s)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Don't know if this was already covered, but for me I would like to be able to default the LCD to the EVF and be able to leave it there or switch it back. Anybody else want this? On the M240 the EVF has a button that when pressed will keep it on the EVF and no live view on the LCD.

I agree that greater flexibility in the use of the LCD and the EVF would be good.

I favour an LCD which is normally off and woken up by tapping it and an EVF which is also normally off and woken by brining it to your eye. What I don't need - which plagues the M - is having to review images through the EVF just because you are using the EVF to frame and focus. Yes I know you can press the EVF button on the M but that's not the point.

As for firmware suggestions, I'd like to see focus confirmation in the viewfinder for M lenses.

Hello, I received my Leica T with Vario lens and Visoflex at the beginning of June: I really enjoy the camera handling, build construction, picture quality and innovative touch interface. Although I didn't have time to use it extensively, I found some areas IMHO where there might be improvements in firmware to make the camera even more enjoyable.

- Reduction of the lag between shots i.e. setting off auto-review

- Reduction of the lag when switching from LCD to EVF

- Custom renaming of User profiles

- Overlaying both grid lines and histogram on the EVF and LCD: since one of my favorite subjects is architecture, to help with composition I always set up my previous digital cameras (including a D-lux 3) displaying both grid lines and histogram with minimal other info. I'm surprised this cannot be done with the Leica T. Maybe grid lines and histogram overlay could be implemented with another dedicated menu icon.

- Getting rid of the grey semitransparent bars when shooting with the Visoflex or LCD: I basically only use the EVF for taking pictures and I found that below or above the black frame where camera settings appear, there are small semitransparent bars displayed that I personaly find pretty annoying since I can't clearly see the borders of the frame. The advantage of EVF to show the exact field of view of the sensor is a bit lost here. A little bit more customization on the displayed info would be nice and I don't think it would make the camera more complex.

- Moving a single point focus while looking thru the EVF: although touch to focus on LCD is a very nice feature, moving a single focus point with the dials is impossible while looking thru the EVF, you can only do it on the LCD. There should be a setting that allows to move a focus point with the dials while looking thru the Visoflex. Maybe in future cameras Leica could even be innovative providing a way to quickly move a single focus point: a little joystick, a small trackpad, eye tracking technology .... just fantasizing here.

- Wifi and hidden networks: while wifi works fine when connecting to the iPhone/iPad App, it appears that the camera doesn't connect to hidden networks (SSID not broadcasted) except the very first time when you set up the connection (OK, that's a minor issue).

Many thanks to Maike Harberts for listening.

Best,