Why oh why?

The words "simple" and "firmware issue" don't seem to go together that well in the Leica lexicon. For this camera, I hope that is about to change. It would be market suicide for Leica not to keep on top of firmware issues and issue frequent upgrades for the generation this camera is aimed at ...

• Like 2

I've had my camera for less than a day, and I'm halfway through the manual, but it seems that you cannot have a mix of AF & MF with the Leica T native lenses (I hope I'm wrong).

With my D800E (and the other Nikon AF lenses I've had), you use the AF, but you can always tweak the focus manually with the focusing ring. I've always liked this feature, as you can keep you eye to the viewfinder, and make minor adjustments to the focus.

I have a horrible feeling that you have to roll the left hand button to switch to MF ...

• Like 1

I have a horrible feeling that you have to roll the left hand button to switch to MF ...

I have that same feeling ;)

Leica really has to beef up their skills or lets call it "output" in the "software development department"...

It is definitely not on the same level as the quality and perfectness of their hardware.

If you look at all the discussions about the T, a lot of the main negative points are really mainly about software (no ad-hoc wifi, no focus peaking, ...).

Hi There

The trouble with trying to stick to the 'essential' is that you're going to miss out things that people want . . . . and if you then decide to put them in again, you end up with a menu structure like an Olympus E-M1. You can't really have it both ways.

Mind you Brian - I've already spoken about naming profiles, and I quite agree with you - that at least does not constitute software bloat!.

I also like AF with MF over-ride, and I don't see why that couldn't be a third option on the AF-MF icon.

Incidentally, now I've got my head around it, I prefer the Hotspot Wifi connectivity - but it's not much good if you can't have a hotspot!

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's the essentials we're trying to come to grips with.

I have great faith in the professional teams who sit in rooms and debate how these cameras are. I sit in similar rooms, assessing risk and functionality. The camera is what it is, and I will take time to comes to grips with it as Leica planned this. But ...

I've had my camera for less than a day, and I'm halfway through the manual, but it seems that you cannot have a mix of AF & MF with the Leica T native lenses (I hope I'm wrong).

With my D800E (and the other Nikon AF lenses I've had), you use the AF, but you can always tweak the focus manually with the focusing ring. I've always liked this feature, as you can keep you eye to the viewfinder, and make minor adjustments to the focus.

Hi,

Actually, all you have to do is press and hold the shutter button down half-way while turning the manual focus collar. It works well, although you are locking exposure too.

I haven't tried zone focusing yet.

This approach is quite different from the XV's approach (both have +'s and -'s I suppose).

Cheers