Leica T with WATE

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I haven't had much time since I got the Leica T yesterday so I decided to take a few minutes in the office to check it out. The pictures are taken with a WATE on an M adapter. I have to say that focusing with a WATE is very difficult indeed. It may have been the fluorescent light frequency interacting with the screen and EVF LCD frequencies or it may just have been the extreme wide angle. However I has trouble focussing with both x3 and x6 enlargement aid. I don't remember having this problem with the EVF on an M but I've not used that combination in the office before and I will try it to see if it's the fluorescent tube frequency that is causing the problem.

The fact that there is a semblance of focus in the attached images is down to the fact that the wide angle DOF is so forgiving. Pictures were taken at f4 and f11 and the file names indicate which is which. The images are largely untouched except for reduction in size. the ISO6400 images are obvious as soon as you see them but I suspect for many purposes a touch of adjustment in Lightroom will fix the problem.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

The WATE is indeed hard to focus accurately on anything but a RF camera. I use mine sometimes on my A7 but peaking is pretty useless due to the inherint DOF and the f4 aperture. On the other hand the WATE has a good DOF scale and beacause of this and the large range of areas in focus it is still possible to use though not ideal. As I said I use mine mostly on the M but use the Rf for accurate focussing just as I would have on the M9 with the frankenfinder.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The WATE is indeed hard to focus accurately on anything but a RF camera. I use mine sometimes on my A7 but peaking is pretty useless due to the inherint DOF and the f4 aperture. On the other hand the WATE has a good DOF scale and beacause of this and the large range of areas in focus it is still possible to use though not ideal. As I said I use mine mostly on the M but use the Rf for accurate focussing just as I would have on the M9 with the frankenfinder.

we don`t you just look at the focus scale and guess the distance ad aperture 5.6....

we don`t you just look at the focus scale and guess the distance ad aperture 5.6....

In fact that is what I was saying that due to the DOF scale and the inherint DOF of the lens focusing is possible with this lens BUT focus peaking and magnification are of less use:)