Leica T App, 1 iPhone and no WIFI. Now it works

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is what I think is happening. When you pair to your home network, it has its own IP range for example 10.0.1.x, but your phone or iPad as a HotSpot is on its own network and not part of the same network so the T App on it cannot connect to the camera on the home network. If you first connect your iPhone or iPad to the home network so it is assigned an IP address in the same domain the T App would be able to see the camera when it is connected to the home network. Alternatively, you ignore the home network and have the camera connect only to the Hot Spot created on your iPhone or iPad then the T App can see the camera and pair up. I too have seen it show the other networks and not see my HotSpot on the list of discovered networks. Sometimes turning off and back on the WiFi function on the iPhone or iPad is sufficient to mkae it discoverable again and the Camera will see it and list it.

• Like 2

well...... I've got it working reliably now connected to my home network ...... like you (jono) I have no idea precisely what sequence of actions/re-installations/activations resulted in it behaving as required ........ but now it seems to have stuck and is ok ......

will tackle the hotspot conundrum tomorrow.......

I have to say that having live-view on the iPad and being able to alter the camera parameters and take pics remotely is very nice ....... just got to find a use for it now ......:rolleyes:

Edited by thighslapper

Works for me too on the iPhone (haven't tried the iPad yet). I'm just following Jono's excellent instructions.

The critical point (for me) was to establish the hotspot, the camera then recognises it automatically and you get the camera to connect, then launch the App on the iPhone.

I have noticed that WiFi works a lot better on my iPhone 5S than it does on my iPad mini - eg, I can connect reliably to my Musical Fidelity M1clic media centre with my phone, where the iPad doesn't even find the network.

Maybe an iPad thing?

just got to find a use for it now ......:rolleyes:

Put it on a motorized mount, like they use for security cameras, and mount that to your tripod. Then you can use the mount's app to aim the camera and the camera's app to control the camera (e.g. zoom, focus, exposure, etc.) and to make captures. Depending upon the range of the WiFi, might be quite useful in wildlife photography, for example, or possibly in taking candids.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

There has been much Argy Bargy about this in the Pogue review thread ad infinitum, I thought it might be worth clarifying it in a thread

]I spent ages trying to do this, others have also failed. Then Simone in Facebook said 'it's easy' and it is, but it needs to be in the right order

1 start a hotspot on your phone in settings

2 connect the camera to the hotspot

3 start the app on the phone

It just seems to work. If you have trouble, try restarting both phone and camera and starting again

All the best

It seems to work I put the password in for th hotspot it does briefly connect but then what happens is the bottom half of the T screen goes a light purple and camera freezes. Only way to get going again is to  remove battery,,,,,,,,

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There has been much Argy Bargy about this in the Pogue review thread ad infinitum, I thought it might be worth clarifying it in a thread

]I spent ages trying to do this, others have also failed. Then Simone in Facebook said 'it's easy' and it is, but it needs to be in the right order

It just seems to work. If you have trouble, try restarting both phone and camera and starting again

All the best

Not working for me, I started a new thread.

All the best

I have done all this step by step. Does not work for me. I shortened the Hotspot name, still does not work. I am really foxed, this is the only electronic item I can not hitch to WiFi, very strange.

Edited by Guest