New demographic

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I picked up my T this morning. There were a number of people at the Store to pick up their pre-ordered Ts - within 30 minutes if the Leica Store opening . Not quite the launch of a new iPhone but anecdotal observation (the sample size is only 8 people) suggests a higher proportion of young(er) people than there have been for the Leica M. With two exceptions (myself included) there was not much grey hair in evidence. It may also be selling to newcomers to Leica - I believe I was one if the few to buy an M lens adapter.

- Vikas

• Like 5

Interesting observation about the lack of grey hair. Perhaps they color it?;) More seriously, my bet is that you are correct and that this new T will bring in a younger generation...or those of us who either need autofocus and/or could not afford the the other Leica interchangeable offerings.

I know there are quite a few of us readers who are really looking forward to more feedback and photographs from all of you who have the camera! Congrats and I hope to read how pleased you are, Vikas!

Edited by BB W

Congratulations on your new camera

I really hope you enjoy it!

After a long day I've only just got time to pop the battery in and try out the menus. It's past 10:30pm here and I'm well and truly bushed. Pictures may have to wait till tomorrow. The irony is that those of us who aren't photographers and not truly loaded have to work to earn Leica equipment. Photographers have all the fun.

Thought that envy reminds me of what my (now) wife said when visited my workplace when I first started out as an architect: "Wow, you guys sit around and listen to music and draw all day!"

- Vikas

• Like 2

Thought that envy reminds me of what my (now) wife said when visited my workplace when I first started out as an architect: "Wow, you guys sit around and listen to music and draw all day!"

I once told my grandmother that since I was indoors and didn't have to lift anything heavy I wasn't working too hard. This was to allay her concerns that I was working 70 hours a week as a young lawyer.

• Like 1