The Leica T brochure

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone read the Leica T brochure (mostly white cover). 6atymy4u.jpg

I picked one up at the Leica shop. Is it just me or is it more full than usual or repetitive hyperbole? I know that a hyperbolic style is in the nature if these things. Also everything I've seen if and tried with that camera has been very impressive. But the brochure really makes me cringe with embarrassment!

- Vikas

Leica brochures? I was dismayed last year when Leica Mayfair told me that they no longer produce brochures. All information is on line! At the time I felt this to be a retrograde step and false economy. So, maybe there has been a turn-around. But not if it is filled as you describe.

I have read the brochure. It does not take too long to read it as it only has a few paragraphs on each double page spread. There are bits of useful information eg. "bright, high-res 3.7-inch screen" but nothing that the various reviews have not picked up on.

I would not go out of my way to try to get a hold of one - the brochure I mean!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica brochures? I was dismayed last year when Leica Mayfair told me that they no longer produce brochures.

I think someone there must have got the wrong end of the stick. The M system brochure is updated fairly frequently and is a decent quality printed piece. The current M brochure features photos by Jean Gaumy taken in central Asia and runs to about 150 pages. I'm sure I've also seen other product brochures recently (binoculars, etc.).