SF 26 Flash

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Tried it last night in a very dark room with the Noct. TTL works from open to close at 1/160th

The flash compensation indicates +/-3 setting range but can only be adjusted and Set when the SF26 is switched off. Otherwise, the new setting will not store.

To me, it looks like it does not work at present. Cannot comment on the on-board flash at this time.

Guy

Too bad ... This has been going on for months now and the silence from Leica is deafening. Why not come out and explain to customers how it is supposed to work?

How Leica can build a new camera system with no control of external flash is beyond me, really. :(

Bought the SF26 today, it works well on the T, for both T and M-lenses with the adapter.

Some interesting aspects, reading the manual and trying it briefly;

1. Setting Flash exposure compensation in the T-menu, when in TTL-mode, works only with the flash off;

2. You can use the flash off camera, in hand or an a tripod for example, in slave mode, triggering its sensor using the internal flash even in a low setting, and still use the EVF;

3. You can change the power of the flash by holding the button SLAVE, cycling through settings full, half (minus 1 stop) and quarter (-2 stops), when not using TTL or off camera as a slave.

4. There should be a TTL cable available ( nr. 14624), (soon?)

Wil run it through its paces this weekend and report later on other aspects.

The manual states that you can use the flash on the M, T, X .

Edited by AndrewAM
  • Like 1

Too bad ... This has been going on for months now and the silence from Leica is deafening. Why not come out and explain to customers how it is supposed to work?

How Leica can build a new camera system with no control of external flash is beyond me, really. :(

Have you emailed Leica's technical info? I've sent them several emails discussing bugs and features and though I haven't seen any firmware updates yet. The info was discussed considered and passed on. I have noticed that recently Leica has released updates for all the M's and S's so I've been kind of figuring that their firmware team had been working on those releases for a while and now that those are out the door the current list bugs and features are prioritized and the firmware development team is working on the next T release.

My only request this far is that I wish that Leica would adopt an open bug and ticketing system like Jira.

Thanks, no I couldn't be bothered to contact Leica. There's so little traffic in this subforum that I guess Leica can easily read along. I've tried the T for a few days, but unfortunately it's not the camera I'm looking for. It's just that I think that Leica should finally come up with a mature flash system for M, S and T.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The SF 26 is made by Metz - and Metz has filed for insolvency

Lighting equipment manufacturer Metz files for insolvency: Digital Photography Review

… which might explain any firmware delay i.e. if resources are stretched and only Metz have the know-how to upgrade the firmware.

dunk

• 3 months later...