Leica T Size vs MP and RX1

Guest jvansmit

After looking at one in my local Leica boutique, I too was surprised at how big it is.... especially with a mounted lens. Probably an optimal size given the shift in emphasis from opposing thumb & fingers to extended fingers to swipe the display screen?

I also thought the design concept takes a lead from from iPhone (Foxconn?) manufacturing design, i.e. with the glass & internal assembly a press fit into the CNC machined body.

The size is quite good for grip and looks. However I found the edges of the grip a bit harsh to hold.

I think the t-snap will be a necessity.

i had a bit of a play with a new T this afternoon.

the size is much bigger than i expected, and it feels really nice in the hand, although i felt the corners were a little sharp.

the Leica rep pointed out the thick bit of the grip is the same thickness as the M

i didn't get a chance to look at the EVF, and i strongly dislike using a screen on the back to take pictures.

other than that, i was very impressed, it feels nice in the hand, the menu system is pretty easy to use, AF was reasonably quick and accurate, but i was in a fairly well lit shop, and didn't have anything to compare it too (other than the M, which doesn't AF)

if i were in the market for a mirrorless camera, it would go on my list of cameras to consider (but I'm not in the market, i love my M)