rhododendron blossoms - light pink

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

our gardens has also something to offer these days. And if trying out a new combo there is some advantage if you do not need to haul everything along.

Here I tried my Olympus OMD EM5 with the R Elmarit 60 mm macro + APO 2x converter.

No tripod, windy weather and lots of bad focussed pictures. I had to grapple with a rather shallow DOF but the Elmarit is a pleasure to handle.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Louis,

I am really glad you like these. Thanks a lot for viewing.

Paul,

yes, these discoveries are exciting. Looking through the lens one has to follow it and then it is easier being inspired to look for a frame. Very often this does not function immediately and a new search opens up a new cosmos. Thanks for your time and sharing your thoughts.

Dee,

I am delighted when these photos cause such a nice response. Thanks.

Brent,

wow, thanks a lot. Yes, one can have new dreams here...thanks for sharing this one.

John,

many many thanks for your emotional response and support. It will be an input for my next pictures.

Henry,

thank you so much. You are right in so far as this combo enhances the DOF so that handheld shots are possible. But patience then is needed. The good thing is that the sensorstabilisation of the OMD is great. This helps a lot and is the reason why I bought the Olympus. The R lenses are working perfectly here.

Ingrid,

this is a nice and interesting comment. I was not sure about the first one with its contrast. I could have rendered it also with less which I did in the second one. the second one is also only giving a hint at the full sight. Perhaps it is this what you like. Thanks a lot, it is appreciated very much.

Ingrid,

this is a nice and interesting comment. I was not sure about the first one with its contrast. I could have rendered it also with less which I did in the second one. the second one is also only giving a hint at the full sight. Perhaps it is this what you like. Thanks a lot, it is appreciated very much.

Iduna,

was important for me here the delicacy of this plant

the color delicacy of this plant

the best for me frontal viewing angle without disturbing little details

right, left or in the background as in # 1 and # 3

this plant needed "rest" ... harmonizing backgrounds in which they can flow

yet it must be superficially deposited by sharpness, by natural light effects ....

but all just personal notes - you yourself must be your own style, find your expression.....

:)

Edited by Suuumm55

Ingrid,

yes, you re perfectly right,

I find it extremely difficult with theses rhododendrons, because they have this dainty appearance like porcelain. This needs "rest" as you call it. A problem is to separate one blossom from the rest, the rest is not free from stains, spots and decay even. They eye doesn't see all this but the camera lens will reveal it all. o this sereis is an approach to what was in my mind.

Thanks a lot for your detailed review.

• Like 1